14

"Mom," Lin Lin whispered.

Lin's mother turned around and saw that their daughter had returned. She smiled immediately. She must have come back with her salary. The wrinkles at the corners of her eyes were a little deeper.

She seemed to think of something and pulled Lin Lin to her side, and also drove her eldest son off the small earthen mound.

"Why are you back? Did something happen in the supply and marketing cooperative?" Lin's mother's voice was not loud, and only a few people around could hear it.

"Nothing, just a holiday. Everyone in the supply and marketing cooperative has four days off a month." Lin Lin explained to them in detail.

"What did they talk about in the meeting today?" Lin Lin squatted beside Lin's mother and blended into the crowd without any sense of disharmony.

"The scorekeeper in the village, Gang, is dating the daughter of the town secretary and has been recommended to go to college." Lin's mother was not jealous. Her daughter also had a golden rice bowl. Who knows what Li Gang will be like after graduating from college.

"Recommended? Workers, Peasants and Soldiers University?" Lin Lin thought of the special college students in this period. Lin Lin looked at the Li family members who were talking excitedly with the people around at this time, and her eyes were a little sympathetic. The future careers of students who graduated from Workers, Peasants and Soldiers University were a little bumpy.

"What are you looking at? This is a good thing. There is a college student in our village." Lin's mother said.

"What's wrong with college students? Our family not only has a serious college teacher, but also a salesperson from a supply and marketing cooperative! Look at them, their tails are about to fly up to the sky." Lin Lin's sister-in-law Li Tingzhen complained beside her.

"Keep your voice down." Lin's mother looked at the people around her who heard the noise and paid attention to this side, and taught Li Tingzhen a lesson. Although she said so, you can tell from her expression that she also thinks so.

The Li family also vaguely heard Li Tingzhen's noise just now. At this time, they saw Lin Lin, who should have been in the supply and marketing cooperative, next to Li's mother, showing a curious expression, "Hey, Lin Lin is back. Shouldn't she be working in the supply and marketing cooperative at this time? You won't be driven back by the leader on your first day of work because you can't read!"

"Don't bother, our cooperative is on holiday today. Not only is it a holiday, but I will also be paid for the days of vacation! Although I just graduated from elementary school, I know how to study. I also understand the principle of learning until I die. Otherwise, how can I become a worker?" Lin Lin looked at the person who spoke without anger.

The man curled his lips, "What's wrong with the workers? Our Gangzi is still..."

"He went to college as a worker-peasant-soldier student. The whole village has heard about it. Congratulations, Gangzi has a bright future. It's amazing. Your family will have a good life in the future. Let your Gangzi cheer for you." Lin Lin interrupted.

The man didn't know what to say. He was obviously praising their Gangzi, but why did it sound so uninspiring.

"Forget it, forget it, don't get angry with a little girl." A middle-aged man next to him advised.

"Li Ming, whose family are you from? You don't help our family, but you help an outsider. You are not..." Li Ming slapped Zhang Qiong on the arm.

"You're getting more and more excited, right? Can you please be quiet?" Li Ming seemed to be fed up with Zhang Qiong.