Harmony

I ran outside, changed into a mermaid, and did an air bubble, breathless. I swam up to Harmony, who guessed, "Half-Terra Meridian too, huh?" I nodded and flipped, the drops almost breaking her bubble (literally).

"So what's your TM-code?" I asked, because that was what Terra Meridians called a phone number. Our numbers weren't like Earth's either, so don't bother with them if you're still on Earth.

"28 37 39 54 HEM," she replied (TM-codes are like London tel, except with initials at the end, but i-Clouds do initials with a letter in the middle, and every phone has their own style).

"37 58 21 36 MR," I replied, giving her mine and then adding her to my Text-Mes-S contacts. "Do you have Text-Mes-S?" I asked suddenly, realizing I hadn't confirmed it accidentally.

"Of course, that's TM's main text system," Harmony replied, rolling her eyes. She wasn't the kind of person you'd want to set off. But then, even Paris wasn't exactly someone you wanted to anger and she was from Earth. Not that Earth is bad, but Earth people tend to be calmer than Terra Meridians. If anyone from Earth knows I said that, they'll probably just shrug it off as nothing. Probably because they don't know about Terra Meridian and think I was talking about myself too.

Harmony: Testing 1 2 3...

Melody: I'm right here, u know

Harmony: That's cool, Melody and Harmony, like the music notes

Melody: Is that why you sing?

Harmony: Is that why I what?

Melody: Sing. I heard Take Me New Places on YouTube :)

Harmony: Right.

Melody: So is that why?

Harmony: Every fairy has a talent that only their family has, and no other fairy family

Melody: And?

Harmony: Even though I'm half-fairy, my TM family talent is singing.

Melody: Right, so they named you Harmony?

Harmony: Ya

Melody: Let's talk in person now, this is boring, k? :(

Harmony: Sure!

"You could have just said that, you know," I grumbled. turning off my Tide Phone. Harmony laughed.

"No I couldn't have, chatting online is funner," Harmony answered, turning off her own i-Cloud. I realized, at that moment, mermaids almost have no connections with fairies anymore.

"You coming?" McKenzie yelled from the door.

"Yep, can Harmony join?" I shouted back. McKenzie rolled her eyes but gave a nod of her head, going back into the house. I loved stories, and right now I needed one about why fairies and mermaids are so far apart.

"Thanks for inviting me," Harmony thanked me. I nodded modestly, but inside I was feeling butterflies.

"Butterflies?" Harmony asked, and my eyes widened. "You can read my mind!" I gasped, confused.

"Well, yes, but only small bits, not the big, huge, secret parts of it," Harmony replied, and then her i-Cloud dinged. "Seriously, no one else knows my TM-code but Angela, and she's your age," Harmony mumbled, and I figured she was talking about her half-sister. McKenzie had told me about Angela before, how she was eleven too, and I also figured that Harmony was sixteen, based on how long ago it had been when she'd been taken to TM by (single) Queen Brooke.

I peeked over Harmony's shoulder and saw:

Angela: Mom's out for groceries!

Harmony: U mean your mom?

Angela: Well, my mom, not yours, but still!

Harmony: So?

Angela: She said u need to babysit.

Harmony: Who, u?

Angela: Who else?

Harmony: Sorry, I can't do it, I have a sleepover :( Plus, aren't u 11 already?

Angela: Technically ya.

Harmony: So take care of yourself!

Angela: Seriously, Mom's overprotective, u know that!

Harmony: And?

Angela: She's gonna curse u.

Harmony: Fine, I just need to tell Mack and Mel I gotta go :(

Angela: Finally :)

Harmony: Ya

Angela: Who's Mack & Mel, by the way?

Harmony: Find out yourself.

Angela: I know your mad, but Mom's curse punishments are horrible.

Harmony: Even more horrible for me.

Angela: Why?

Harmony: You're her real kid, I'm not.

Angela: I forgot, right :(

Harmony: Well, I'm coming for u.

Angela: U still haven't answered my question

Harmony: My friends who invited me over to a sleepover, and they're mermaids :)

Angela: Wait until I tell Mom you're friends with mermaids!

Harmony: Don't u dare!!!!

Angela: Well, just hurry up, jeez, k?

Harmony: See u! :(

"So I guess you saw the conversation, Mel," Harmony sighed after clicking off. "I'm not staying, sorry."

"No need, actually, and I feel sorry for you--sorry if that made you feel even worse," I apologized, handing Harmony a little, complex friendship bracelet that Paris had given me. Paris wasn't my friend anymore, which made me feel a little sad because she'd been awesome. Harmony and McKenzie were perfect, though, not just awesome. And I'd choose them over Paris any day (no offense).

When I went back inside, McKenzie asked, "Where's Harmony?" I pointed outside and McKenzie sighed, "Her annoying half-sister Angel, huh, Mama's little blessing girl?" She wrinkled her nose.

I nodded and belly-flopped onto my sleeping bag heavily. "I don't care if I haven't brushed my teeth yacht," I yawned, meaning to say "yet," but yawns sometimes get in the way of speech in case you didn't know. Then, McKenzie rolled her eyes, flopped on her own bag, and went to sleep.

I blinked out right after, thinking about what Harmony would do if she were here and not at her house.

~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hey readers, thanks for reading another finished chapter of Forest of Imagination! Don't worry, there's more action coming up next :) I know I haven't updated in a day, which is a long time for me, so I'm making a contest: Make a new TM character and be sure to include name, species, and gender (IF name is unisex). Your O.C may be featured in the next chapter, so see you!