Boredom, Zebras, & Danger

"Sorry, M. I guess I'm just a little emotional," McKenzie apologized, combing her hair.

"'S okay," I replied awkwardly. So maybe relationships have been a little awkward lately, but still.

I was bored, for the first time since I'd arrived at Terra Meridian. I guess witnessing McKenzie's emotions had really tired me out and all I really wanted was a nice nap. I lay down on one of her signature beds and sighed.

~~TIME LAPSE~~

"BORED, GIRL!" a voice that sounded a lot like Katie yelled in my ear. I sat up quickly, banging my head her fivehead and glared at her.

"Seriously, yes I'm bored! So you're back? Got the piece?" I asked excitedly. Katie nodded and held it up for me to see.

"Awesome," I grinned.

"Seriously, there's nothing to do, though this room is AMAZING," Trinity wondered aloud. Katie smirked.

"Trin wouldn't shut up about it since we got here," she snickered. I raised my eyebrows at her.

"I know, there's nothing to do, Trinity, and seriously, Kate?" I gasped. I was excited and every little thing and couldn't wait to get a move on the next mission. I mean, if you're not on one, basically you're just waiting around doing nothing. I don't know how Katie survived all those times we left without her. She was probably just complaining about not having an Earth phone to anyone unlucky enough to be stuck with her.

"Yep," she smirked.

"Hey, not my fault that Jeffrey Nunez is an absolute genius--and Mack, too, of course," Trinity blushed.

"So you're in love with Charlotte's married dad, huh? Nice to know," I laughed. "Hey, by the way, anyone see my blue nail polish and base coat? I think I carried it around, but I lost it. Katie, give me that!"

I grabbed my nail polish from Katie, fashionista of the group, leaving a blue mark across her skin.

"You could've asked," she grumbled.

"You could've asked for it in the first place," I retorted.

"You're so bored you just delight at anything to interest you," Katie replied.

"Seriously?" I gasped, my jaw hanging open.

"I should've taken a picture of your face then," McKenzie laughed.

"Totally, girl," Katie agreed.

"GUYS!" Trinity shouted, interrupting our boredom buster.

"What?" McKenzie asked, annoyed.

"It's just it's so weird seeing you guys talk random," Trinity giggled.

"Now who's talking random?" Katie glared.

"I am bored, where's the next piece?" I asked, getting down to business. McKenzie checked her computer.

"Crystal River, in the river, two miles away and approximately a twenty minute walk," she replied, very officially.

"Well, I'll go because you definitely need a mermaid to retrieve it," I volunteered, and looked around the room silently. "Trinity, you should come with me because you're the least weird-looking...no offense, guys, but accept it. Katie, you're in your werewolf form so much I think it's really starting to grow on you, and Mack, if you accidentally slip, your tail might show through your legs and that would be really creepy for passersby if they saw you. Also, someone putting on fake legs might freak people out."

"Alright, but I'm NOT going on the next one and neither is Melody. She needs to stop being so 'I can do it'-like...but I guess on the seventh one she can go. I'm not going on Numero Siete," Trinity sighed, and played with a teal piece of yarn. She was finger-knitting something, and I inched further for a closer look.