Author Note

Yikes. It's been a while.

See, I have mixed feelings about this book. It's my first ever completed novel (!!!), which was quite an achievement for the aspiring writer I was back then.

In a way, Forest of Imagination was the beginning and the end of my short-lived Wattpad writing journey. Sure, there was The Cheerleader, but that didn't last long at all.

Back then, I was a different person. I had different friends, all of whom  knew about my Wattpad account and not only that, but had their own accounts as well. I'm pretty sure no one at my school even knows about my secret Wattpad life anymore.

I had very little experience beyond the sheltered walls of my youth. Simply put, I was immature and innocent. I was attracted to stories about mermaids and fairies instead of facts about the real world.

So even though this book is already completed, I have to write this author note.

Don't take this the wrong way: I'm still writing. Every day, I'm writing. But someone at school recently changed my point of view and realized how lucky I was to have the opportunity to write, with such a supportive community of people around me, both online and off.

So whether you're a new reader of mine, or this book has been withering away in your library for a long time - thank you for your kindness. Every view and vote and reply to my cynical comments makes me happier, because not everyone has a community like Wattpad to turn to when they're down.

And I want to say this because, if you've been with me for a long time ever since this book (when my journey began), you know that after this, I never uploaded a finished book on Wattpad again.

Through all the grammatical errors, plot holes, and cringy one-liners, you stuck with me. I can't tell you how thankful I am for that.

I don't know if this is a goodbye update or a new beginning, but either way, I am glad I have such an amazing group of people here to support me. So here's the news: I'm going to take a break from writing, at least for a while. This is the first time I've admitted it to myself, but I think you should know. You deserve to know. I don't feel the way I used to about writing, and the world is no longer my oyster.

I think it's unfair that I'm taking this opportunity for granted when others don't even get the chance.

So that's all. A thank you, a goodbye, and a send-off. I know it's been really cheesy, but this is the significance of Forest of Imagination. The universe was my forest back then, but I'm afraid it isn't anymore.

This is where I make my temporary exit from the Wattpad writing world. From now on, I'll only be voting, commenting, and reading, until further notice. It's definitely not permanent, but it's a time for me to get my thoughts in order and not have people make guesses as to what I'm doing now.

I'm not a popular author by any means, but the time and energy I put into this book all those years ago makes me feel on top of the world. That's why I'm saying it here, instead of on my message board or PM or author bio.

Because this book is where it all began.