Reaching Treasure Isle

"So what's the plan?" Trinity asked, notebook held out with a mechanical pencil at the ready. We were in our triple room at the Poseidon Undersea Resort, twelve hours away from Treasure Isle. Katie had insisted on changing her outfit to a more ocean-themed outfit, so now she was wearing a white sleeveless crop top and turquoise cropped skinny jeans, with brown high-top sandals, Chanel sunglasses, a seashell necklace and ring, and nails with a color fade from dark blue at the very top to sparkly white at the bottom. In fact, everything was covered in glittery nail polish, which I thought was actually pretty chic for nail art. Katie was right; she was very good at art, and I always seemed to notice her outfits. OK, so maybe she was obsessed with YouTube, but she was an awesome fashionista.

"Well, my bubble-maker app on my phone"--she tapped her i-Web Moon Phone--"needs a two-day rest, and since it'll take like a day to get to Treasure Isle, I can't go without Melody." She looked at me pointedly.

"Well, of course I'm going, but you guys are coming along with me, right?" I asked, clarifying.

"Actually, if one of us touches the bubble, we'll pop it, but you just need to put a bubble around your mouth if no one else is with you," Trinity stated. "So, actually, you will have to go alone to Treasure Isle."

"WHAT?!" I gasped, jumping up from my bed. "I'm not going to Treasure Isle alone, guys, OK?"

"Sorry," Trinity winced.

"What about you, Katie?" I challenged, wanting to know if she'd go with me or not. Probably not.

"Sorry, but no," she replied.

"Seriously?" I frowned.

"Yep, seriously," she clarified.

"I don't want to go there alone! OK, fine, I'll go there, but Katie, I need your i-Web Moon Phone number," I sighed, really not wanting to do this. Hopefully it'll be better than rumored to be, but I wasn't getting my hopes up. Katie wrote it down on a piece of resort paper and looked wishfully out at the sea, which was visible through our room window which took up an entire wall and had fish and coral, like the painting I saw back in the tunnels, or caves. Katie's number: KM 29 46 16 07, like a mermaid's.

"I'll text you if I get in trouble," I muttered, and looked in my beach bag, in which I had packed two more outfits and then, done. Either way though, I had to change, because I'd been in this shirt for three days now. I picked out a silver parka with a grey plain blouse underneath. Pull on black leggings and put hair in a bun, and I'm all ready to go. Trinity murmured something that sounded like, "Isn't that for winter?" while Katie gasped and clapped to show her approval. I knew I needed a little more pizzazz, but I was going on a serious and possibly fun mission, so I didn't want to get to cozy. Plus, when I turn into a mermaid my clothes automatically disappear, so it's not like I'm going to wear this forever.

"Good luck, Melody," Trinity whispered softly into my ear. "Good luck, and I hope you come back in one piece," Katie agreed absentmindedly. I knew she was thinking about something, and prodded her.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"N--Something," Katie grunted.

"What?"

"No--Something!" Katie repeated, desperate.

"Yes?"

"I'm thinking about a boy," Katie spilled.

"Really, is that so?" Trinity teased, and I could see Katie's face turn tomato red immediately.

"Yes!" Katie insisted.

"Who?" I teased even further. Katie looked outraged and like she wanted to strangle one of our necks, but luckily she pulled back from it. She probably wouldn't win that battle, one against two and everything.

"Blake, now shut up!" Katie blushed.

"Harmony's brother?" Trinity asked, confused.

"Yep," Katie confirmed.

"Ohmigosh!" I squealed, grinning mischievously.

"Don't you dare!" Katie shouted.

"Blake and Katie, sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G," I teased, but when Katie's eyes turned red and fangs began to grow, I knew I'd pushed it too far. "Fine, Katie, I'm sorry, but seriously, you have a crush on Blake?"

"Yes, now can you please hurry up on your mission, Melody?" Katie asked, annoyed already. I nodded.

"I'll text you if anything goes seriously wrong. If you don't hear from me in, let's say, two hours, come look for me by swimming, which I doubt any of you guys know about," I ordered, glaring at them in turn.

"Gotcha," Trinity nodded, and Katie agreed. Soon, I was making an air bubble and being on my way, exiting the resort, taking a deep breath and plunging into the ocean. I sighed and looked back at my friends.

"Bye, see ya," Katie and Trinity chorused, and I smiled sadly. Then I opened the stylish doors and plunged.

~~~TIME LAPSE~~~

Finally, I got to Treasure Isle. I was texting Katie repeatedly every one hour and a half, and she usually replied, "K."

Melody: I'm alive!

Katie: K, good for u

AN HOUR AND A HALF LATER

Melody: Hi

Katie: K

So yeah, it kept on going on and on, but I don't really want to record that. I mean, seriously?

When I reached Treasure Isle, I immediately noticed an air of mystery and hesitated to go inside. But something also urged me to go further in, so I changed into a human and crept inside a rural-looking cave.

"Look, look here, look for me," the cave seemed to whisper. I shivered at the thought of a cave being alive, but shook it off and noticed a slip of parchment hidden beneath the sand. Fancy writing was on it, and it was next to a piece of golden material, shimmering though only a thousandth showing from underneath the strip of sand. I slowly picked up the parchment and unfolded it carefully, making sure not to rip it. It was in yellowed hues and look frail and delicate, a sign of oldness and perhaps the idea of a long-lost letter, though it did not start with "Dear." Not every letter has to start with that though, right?

Right.

"This is an official report on a magical material from Terra Meridian and the truth about TM's origins."

What the heck?

A/N: Sorry guys for the short chapter, but I've been really busy at Dave & Buster's today, the arcade at Great Mall :) It's pretty fun. They give out free Shirley Temples, but that's beside the point.

Thanks for reading! Dedicated to book_monster101, Katie's also based on her, and see you!