The First Piece

I was curious, and even though I knew this might be a trap, I read it.

"Time Bronze is a precious metal only found in what is called Terra Meridian. I used it myself to build the box system, which cannot be made of Earthen metals. TB has history starting from when Terra Meridian was originated.

"There was a crash with the Portal of Wind, which created creatures on Terra Meridian. Legends of mythical creatures there were long told on non-magical Earth, but they did not have a name for the place.

"With the crash came the concept of time. Time was different on Earth, but on Terra Meridian, time could be controlled with Time Bronze. It is too powerful for anyone to use, and if in the wrong hands could cause serious trouble among the Terra Meridians and could even effect Martians and Earth people.

"Before you ask, there are Martians like there are Terra Meridians.

"TB has to be destroyed, but the only way to do that is to collect the seven parts of the Trident of Memories. One is next to this sheet of paper, and while I continue my work, you can assist me in my business."

Weird. I'd never heard of the Portal of Time or anything, and no one on TM seemed to care. Not that any Earth people seem to care about how Earth came to be a million years ago, but still, I should know.

I took the metal out of the ground and examined it closer. It wasn't shaped like a trident, but I guess I'd have to find the other six parts for that. I was going to go back home to show Katie and Trinity, but hopefully I'd have time to explore this isle a little bit. After all, this was going to be the last time I'd be here.

"Hey, where are you going?" a gruff voice asked.

"NOWHERE," I shouted back, not really needing to shout but feeling mad for no real reason.

"You have to be going somewhere," he replied, and jumped in front of me. Great, buff guy.

"Yeah, called NOWHERE, idiot!" I yelled, motioning for him to move aside. He didn't oblige.

"Yeah, totally," he said sarcastically.

"What do you want?" I asked, bored.

"Something you have in your hand right now," he answered, gesturing to the piece of the trident.

"No," I sighed.

"Yes," he insisted.

"Just go home, whatever," I prodded, pushing past him.

"I'll get that," he called.

"Eh," I replied.

That man was really weird, and even though I knew this piece was important, I couldn't imagine anyone wanting it that bad. Not even the most insistent, proud, self-centered Terra Meridian in the world. Now that I think about it, that Crazy Dude was a Terra Meridian based on his attempt to get the piece.

I dove into the water and decided not to think about my completely crazy life. I was not going to go trident-hunting, right? And I finally knew why Jeffrey Nunez seemed so familiar: He invented the box system.

Katie: GIRL!!

Melody: Right here

Katie: K good.

Melody: Ya

Katie: REMEMBER TO TEXT NEXT TIME!

Melody: Sure

Katie: I WAS SCARED

Melody: Fine bye

Katie: See u.

OK, so that turned out well, not. I didn't even get to tell Katie about my new discovery here!

Melody: Wait

Katie: What?

Melody: I found out something

Katie WHAT?

Melody: There are 7 pieces of the Trident of Memories

Katie: Cool

Melody: Time Bronze could destroy the world too

Katie: HOW IS THAT RELATED??!

Melody: The only way to destroy Time Bronze is to get all 7 pieces of the Trident

Katie: Still not following...

Melody: We just need to destroy it

Katie: Sure

Melody: It could destroy Terra Meridian, Katie!!

Katie: Definitely

Melody: I already found the first piece

Katie: How were the pieces made, by the way?

Melody: When the Portal of Wind crashed, a lot of magical things appeared.

Katie: Awesome!

Melody: Anyway, we just have to get them

Katie: Sorry gotta go

Melody: K

Katie: So sorry bye

~~TIME LAPSE~~

"I'm back," I declared once I got to the room. Trinity opened her mouth to reply, but there was a low rumble.

"OK," Trinity mumbled as she fell through the floor. Oh, great. Another set of tunnels.

I fell then too, into the darkness. Only a single fire was burning to light up the room, and I heard footsteps.

"Don't, Katie. I know you're still deciding, but you're going to choose the latter," a voice echoed.

"Mack?" I asked, chilled. Katie was still tumbling down, asking along the way, "Mack, what are you doing here?" McKenzie cocked her head in a way that replied to her, Seriously, Katie, what are you doing here?

"I was just going to ask you that," she sighed, and turned to a 42" TV, a black remote control in her hand. "This is my control room, where I can see everything. I fell through here after Crazy Kate hit, and found this awesome room, so I'm using it for good reason." Huh?

"Oh yeah, sure," Trinity replied sarcastically. There was a soft thump.

"Everyone," McKenzie said, her voice edged with fear, "stay calm."

A/N: I know, short chapter again! Dedicated to book_monster101, I can't really write long chapters anymore :( Personal stuff, but thanks for reading and see ya!