17: Five Versus One

.𖥔 ݁ ˖ 

As soon as Val sensed an attack magic flying his way through his Intuition, he Blinked to the top of a tree

Thud! A light bullet flew past where he had been standing, hitting the tree and vanishing.

Val quietly looked at Flame, who was lying on the ground, drenched in cold sweat.

‘Is she trying to kill me?’

He wiped his sweat, thinking he had narrowly avoided a disaster thanks to his Mana Leakage Syndrome, which had leveled up and now allowed him to detect magic coming from as far as 18 meters away.

Mages typically had a thin layer of defensive magic around them, but he had none of that.

‘And using Light Bullet is just not right.’

It didn’t seem suitable for a student. In society, a 17-year-old mage using a 1st-class spell would be considered a ‘genius.’

But at Astraea, that was just average. First-year students were already freely using 2nd-class spells, and exceptional students like Flame were even handling 3rd-class spells.

With fast attack speed, strong attack power, and excellent healing capabilities, that absurdly overpowered ‘Radiance’ magic was not something to confront head-on.

‘Still, with two 'Blinks,' I can manage if I use the terrain well enough…’

[Blink]

Class: 1

Maximum Range: 12 meters

Maximum Charges: 2

Cooldown: 3 seconds

Thanks to his early morning training, the number of 'Blinks' had increased to two. Now he could move around somewhat freely.

‘But fighting her would still be tough.’

Facing that overpowered protagonist was madness, so Val quickly left the area.

His goal was to rank in the top five. More precisely, to place 5th.

The reward for 5th place, as Val remembered, was the ‘Zel Root.’ Consuming it would slightly increase stamina and strength. It wasn’t exceptionally good, but it was included as a reward to help young students replenish their energy while studying.

‘1st place was Casspian, 2nd was Orion, 3rd was Cosette, and 4th was Deon, who lost to Flame in one branch…’

The scores from 4th place upwards were overwhelmingly high, so he didn’t even bother with them. The cutoff for 5th place was around 70 points. He just needed to find three more Point Sticks.

However, even Val couldn’t remember where all the Point Sticks were. He was just relying on his quick mobility with 'Blink' to search for them.

“Ah, another dead end.”