31: System Prohibition

.𖥔 ݁ ˖ 

Free time after school,

Normally, Asteria would be studying in the SDL room, but today she could not.

‘Val Ashbluff...’

Her mind was a mess.

Obviously, it was true that thanks to his help, she was able to break through Thelma's trap. But, what did she do then?

At the very least, she knew how to do one of the things that Val had instructed her to do, so it wasn’t the end of it.

‘On the spot… He made that recipe on the spot?’

It was unbelievable. With her own ideas and talent, it was unlikely that she could reach that far.

Although alchemy was not mainstream… The problem was that his knowledge was not limited to alchemy.

Rumors had already spread throughout the department.

‘A genius who came in without any preparation.’

Val submitted all of the questions in the Class Placement Test that could not be solved with applying the memorized formula on a blank paper. It was natural if it was at the level of an ordinary student but Astraea's Class Placement Test was comparable to most university tests.

A student who studied normally and entered high school would not be able to solve university-level problems. However, Astraea's students were all gifted, and it was rather natural to solve them because they had received early education or had innate talent for solving.

But, Val did not have that luxury. He came in without any preparation and solved three magical questions that others could not solve.

In addition to that, even though he was lagging behind others, he studied negligently but was already standing out.

He wasn’t stuck in any subject, and his ideas were admired and acknowledged by all faculty members.

“Ha...”

Asteria clasped her face with both hands.

"My daughter."

Suddenly, she remembered her father’s death.

"My dearest daughter… The place you are going... You too, will someday know the... truth…"

He left a questionable statement, Father, who became dew and disappeared with the stigma of a 'traitor.'

She still couldn’t understand his will. However, the reason she was still alive was for her revenge.

‘Lexon.’

A filthy family that framed her father as a traitor which eventually led to his untimely demise.

She couldn’t forget the face of that damned woman who killed her father.