62: The Wraith Havens

.𖥔 ݁ ˖ 

After sending Cosette away, Celosia went to meet Westley, a wizard from the Astraea Academy Board, which was her original purpose

After sending Cosette away, Celosia went to meet Westley, a wizard from the Astraea Academy Board, which was her original purpose. She wanted to discuss the Filotimo Seminar,’ an event only the top prospects could attend.

“Hmm…”

She arrived earlier than expected, and Westley hadn’t arrived yet. Sipping on tea while sitting in the reception room, she felt bored.

‘Was that too much earlier?’

Mentioning their elder sister to Cosette would surely be a deep wound.

‘No, it had to be done.’

She had discarded her emotions.

Living while suppressing her emotions.

Mentioning their elder sister was painful for her too, but she had no choice.

For the greater good, she had to act as a cold-hearted person in front of Cosette

“Princess.”

“Yes, what is it?”

Fiddling with the handle of her teacup, Celosia turned to her knight who had addressed her.

“I received a file from an Astraea staff member. It contains a brief history of a student named Val Ashbluff.”

“Oh, really? Even though we couldn’t find anything about his past, they wrote something about it?”

“I’m not sure. However, when I asked the professors who read the assignment about its authenticity, they seemed reluctant and avoided answering.”

“Is that so?”

That meant there was something interesting in it, regardless of its truth.

“Alright. Let’s take a look.”

With a light tear, she opened the envelope and pulled out the contents, chuckling at the title.

[Title: To Mother]

“Oh, how cute. He’s just a kid after all.”

The first sentence began with ‘I miss you, Mother,’ which made her giggle.

‘What an adorable kid.’

With that thought, Celosia continued to read it with delight.

As she read further into the essay, her expression gradually softened.

“Hmm…”

The story, presumably from Ashbluff's past, was written like a poem.

It described the struggles of a poor Val’s childhood, where even buying a meal outside was difficult.