10: The Wand Chooses You

.𖥔 ݁ ˖ 

There are two main events called the flowers of Astraea Academy

One is the ‘Familiar Contract Ceremony,’ and the other is the ‘Staff Inheritance Ceremony.’

Given that Astraea Academy is a prestigious school, the Staff Inheritance Ceremony is particularly special.

“Starting now, you will inherit the staff you will use at the academy.”

Astraea Academy is very wealthy, and instead of just lending out staffs, they give one for free.

“But remember, once you choose, changing it is a complicated process, so choose carefully.”

That’s what Donovan said, but the funny thing is, it’s not the person who chooses the staff, but the staff that chooses the person.

The staff reacts to the owner it deems worthy, causing a ‘resonance phenomenon.’

In this process, each class from F to S chooses staffs prepared according to their level, making the initial class placement extremely important.

Staffs also have grades, starting from the lowest grade at Astraea Academy and going up to low, mid-low, and mid-grade.

In Class F, most staffs are of the lowest grade, with only a few mid-low grade staffs occasionally.

However, the staffs chosen by Classes A-S range from low to mid-grade.

Does it seem unfair? This is the reality of the magical society.

‘If you’re upset, become a better mage. That’s the only answer.’

Every senior mage said the same thing, making it an eternal truth that becoming a high mage was the answer.

‘Impressive.’

Some staffs were hanging high in the sky, some were stuck in the ground, some were carefully placed in drawers, and others floated around.

These mysterious staffs, each with unique personalities and identities, looked even more beautiful and enchanting when seen with my own eyes.

“What staff are you going to choose?”

“That one. I already checked what staffs are available before enrolling.”

“A mid-low grade staff? Didn’t you say you were going to choose a mid-grade staff before?”

“I woke up from that dream. My dad is a staff dealer, and I found out that I don’t resonate with mid-grade staffs. I’ll be content with mid-low.”

The staffs chosen by Classes A-S were exceptionally high-grade, making me a little nervous.

‘The Staff Inheritance Ceremony event…’