42: Possessive, Sadistic Crowned Prince

.𖥔 ݁ ˖

Of course, just because it was an attractive proposal didn't mean she would foolishly accept it right away

Of course, just because it was an attractive proposal didn't mean she would foolishly accept it right away. There was always something fishy hidden behind such kindness.

She narrowed her eyes and asked,

"What's the catch?"

"A catch... That's disappointing. I genuinely like you, but you're calculating already?"

"Yes. Relationships always need calculations. Especially for girls like me."

Asteria. She was undoubtedly an alluring girl. A genius among geniuses who reached 3rd class at the age of seventeen, and her beauty was recognized wherever she went.

But beside that, she bore the title of 'traitor's child' from the Morf family, which made people hesitant to keep her close. Unless they were someone like Liam Beckett, who was rich but empty-headed.

But Casspian Radcliffe was different.

There was a filthy, dirty snake coiled around his heart.

He never acted without a purpose.

There must be a reason he approached her. Maybe it was political, which would be a relief. If not, then...

Probably just for her looks.

'He wants to make me a trophy.'

This guess wasn't far off. Casspian didn't care about Asteria's past.

As the Crowned Prince of Radcliffe, he could afford to ignore such things.

In fact, her tragic and horrific past might have made her easier to approach. He was skilled at exploiting others' weaknesses, holding them hostage to keep them close.

"Asteria."

Casspian moved closer to her with a subtle smile.

"I don't care what you think. I'm not imposing any conditions on you. Just join my club and stay with me. That's all."

"In return, I can do a lot for you. You know who I am."

She knew. Of course she did.

Joining Casspian's club could mean falling into an endless abyss, yet she couldn't help but waver.

The Radcliffe Empire was in opposition to the Lexon Kingdom, where her enemy resided.

Beyond that simple reason, Casspian's power could sweep away her hardships and difficult life.

She wouldn't need to be content with cheap 1,200 denier bread anymore.

She wouldn't be shunned, discriminated against, or live as an outcast anymore.

She could rebuild connections as a noble, prepare for the future, and receive an excellent education in a wonderful environment.

Wear nice clothes, eat good food, get a proper education, and perhaps even use his power for revenge.