39: The Blink Mage's Victory

.𖥔 ݁ ˖ 

“…Evil…”

“…Evil…”

Crunch, crack!

A prison of pure white bones rose from the ground.

It was cast in just 0.5 seconds, a scam of a spell that quickly trapped the designated target, so the only way to counter it was to react swiftly and move out of the way.

[Blink]

As soon as I evaded behind a rock, a sharp bone spear spun and flew at me.

Buzz!! Like a drill, the bone spear drilled into the rock but fortunately didn’t touch Val's head.

“Huff, huff…”

He breathed heavily.

He almost died.

No, he felt he was about to die.

But just like him, his opponent was also completely exhausted.

Having scattered most of his mana on the ground to expand his territory, lost a General-level skeleton connected to his neural network, and forcibly summoned more skeletons, Sharif was also internally injured.

[Blink]

Crunch!

As proof, Sharif's bone shield, which should have been impervious to Val’s flimsy Fontaine Sword, was precariously crumbling.

Of course, this was also due to Val’s efforts.

He had prepared a ‘Coke Potion’ specifically to fight the necromancer.

This potion, professionally known as ‘Calcium Dissolution Liquid,’ had the effect of weakening bone magic and melting shields.

‘Damn rat…’

He was fast. Too fast. A mage using Blink. He had never faced such an enemy before.

Even if he grabbed him with a bone claw, Val would Blink to a different location, and if he tried to trap him with a bone wall, he would soar into the sky and attack from above.

If he let his guard down for even a moment, Val would exploit his blind spot and attack. No matter how much he expanded his shield, Val would catch and target the smallest gap.

‘If only I were in perfect condition…!’

If he were, he could have easily captured that fast brat. But, as his current condition was terrible, he had to use whatever he could.

“Bone Pierce!”

Sharif generated dozens of bone arrows in the air and aimed them at Val.

Swish, swish, swish! Dozens of arrows flew at once, but Val used Blink to avoid them all.