40: Influence, Worries and Awards

.𖥔 ݁ ˖

After the incident ended, thirty knights from Astraea Academy immediately flew to Mosvil Cemetery

The Necromancer's body was retrieved by the magical investigation team, and a purification process was initiated at Mosvil Cemetery.

"What are we supposed to live on now?"

"Oh no, we're all going to die! The citizens are going to die!"

The merchants shouted at the top of their lungs, but it was to no avail.

"Would you have said that if your heads had fallen into the hands of the skeletons? If it weren't for those students, you'd all be dead by now!"

"Th-That's true, but..."

"I hope there aren't more victims because of such selfish mindsets. The purification process starts now."

"Please, give us a grace period...!"

"Immediately!"

Val hadn't known, but it seemed Astraea's influence could even move public authority.

The students safely returned home on an airship operated by Astraea. As soon as they returned, Val received a stern scolding from Instructor Blackwood.

"You said you were going to train in a place with good air and scenery, but you went to a hunting ground. Was the air at the cemetery that good?"

He had no words to say to Donovan's blatant sarcasm.

"Well... Something seemed to be happening on the way, so I got off."

"I see. According to the school rules, you get a demerit. There are no exceptions."

Donovan turned around and added,

"But, you didn't hesitate to jump into the battlefield to protect your friends, even breaking the school rules. You did a very commendable job. There will be a reward and recognition corresponding to your actions, so wait for it."

"Ah, yes. Thank you..."

Thank goodness. It would have felt terrible to only get demerits for doing a good deed.

"Phew, I'm tired."

It was still dawn. The purple night sky was beautiful, but the sun would rise soon.

His thigh still hurts. Despite receiving first aid from Flame and a skilled healer, it would continue to hurt for a few days.

Fortunately, it wasn't a severe injury, and his recovery rate was faster than average, so he was told he could return to classes immediately.

Perhaps, his Mana Leakage Syndrome had improved his recovery rate.

'I don't want to return to classes so soon... Can't they just let me stay hospitalized?'