35: Care For Your Friends!

.𖥔 ݁ ˖ 

It was spring

It was spring.

The first semester of Astraea Academy started in January, and in the spring, all the exams were completed.

Comparing it to Korea, one could think of it as a midterm exam.

Around that time, I was steadily interacting with Assistant Hattie.

“Oh, you think so too? I also tried to add a button-type color transformation function to the magic pen."

“As a bonus, attach an eraser to the top.”

“Hmm, like a mechanical pencil? Alright then!”

Well, they do say that talent recognizes talent. Hattie, who was an alchemy fanatic, quickly noticed my cool-headed attitude and became friendly with me, and I subtly gave her ideas for the 'inventions' I wanted the most.

Of course, I was sneaky.

If I gave her all the ideas, there was a risk that her chances of developing creativity would cease to exist.

In her spare time, I threw tips on the Delta Augmentation formula sequence to Hattie. At first, she refused as she was afraid that the professor would get angry if he came to know about that, but when I showed her a few interesting hints, she eventually couldn't contain her curiosity.

So, she turned a blind eye to the risk, and secretly conducted an official research at night.

‘But in the end, there was a lack of solutions.'

Hattie was an excellent alchemist, but she was exceptionally weak in solving her formulas. No matter how many hints I gave, it would be difficult for her to completely solve the formula at a level that violated her narrative power.

"Hmm, how do we solve this...” She should have solved it before Thelma did, but it was too difficult to lead Hattie to arrive at the formula's solution.

"What are you thinking so hard about, old man?"

I got out of the warehouse and was walking down the hallway in contemplation when Flame spoke to me from behind.

“Old man? Who?”

"Who else am I talking about?"

Since our last conversation at the cafe's garden, Flame has been talking to me in this way. It wasn't the sort of friendly voice, so I didn’t know if it was her original way of speaking, but I had to choose my words carefully around her, knowing how reactive she is.

“I don't know who you're talking about.”

"As expected of an old man, they forget so easily~"

I rolled my eyes in irritation and shoved my hands into the pockets of my uniform. Flame walked a bit ahead of me, skipping in her steps.