✦ 53: Spirit Yavanna's Dungeon

.𖥔 ݁ ˖

"Achoo!"

"Achoo!"

As soon as I entered the dungeon, I sneezed violently. Realizing my mistake, I quickly put on my gas mask.

'Ugh, asthma pollen.'

I couldn't remember the exact name, but players used to call this pollen, asthma pollen. It caused characters to keep sneezing, interrupting their actions frequently, which often led to precarious situations.

At least I knew about this in advance and brought several gas masks.

"Oh. It's pretty."

I had never been here before, so I vaguely imagined it as a cave. Instead, it was filled with petals emitting a soft green light, creating a rather dreamy atmosphere.

In between were wriggling plant roots. These were the dungeon's monsters, known as Yavanna's Roots.

These roots moved swiftly and flexibly like snakes, choking life out of their victims and absorbing their strength. Yavanna's weakness was obvious yet effective─fire.

Of course, simply sprinkling oil and lighting a fire wouldn't easily kill a monster. Unless it's a magically induced fire, plant-based monsters don't burn easily.

So, I opted for alchemy.

Naturally, I couldn't create sophisticated explosives by combining gunpowder and magic on the spot like a top-tier alchemist. I don't have mana, so I can't perform offensive alchemy.

What I was going to do was throw first-class-level Molotov cocktails. These might just be a nuisance, but they would still be somewhat helpful.

Moving stealthily, I immediately sprang into action upon spotting a lone Yavanna Root.

Crash! Whoosh!

Screech!

"Wow, the tree is screaming."

As soon as I confirmed that the Yavanna was writhing in agony, I used 'Blink' to approach and swung my Fontaine Sword. However, the monster's head lashed out like a whip before I could strike.

I quickly Blinked upwards and attached my feet to the ceiling, using the momentum to leap back toward Yavanna, aiming my sword at it.

The monster lost track of my position and appeared momentarily confused, allowing me to strike its waist. The thrashing was so intense that I nearly lost hold of my sword.

'What kind of strength does this thing have?!'

I had struck poorly. Retreating with a backflip, I used 'Blink' diagonally without sparing it to prevent giving the monster any opportunity. The root immediately leaped, trying to wrap around me, but I rolled on the ground to dodge it and pierced a blue spot.