33: Whirling Envy, Why Can't It Be Me?

.𖥔 ݁ ˖ 

Students in Class S were entitled to occupy the dormitory alone

Students in Class S were entitled to occupy the dormitory alone. However, it was not the same for everyone.

Flame wasn't like that.

She shared a dormitory with four people, because she wanted to spend time with people her age.

She liked to hang out with people, and she was friendly with everyone from Class F to Class A, so she always had students from other classes coming over to her dorm.

Seven teens were still huddled together, drinking desserts, coffee and chatting happily in that narrow space of 60 square meters.

“Flame, are you okay?"

In the meantime, someone approached as Flame was trembling with her head stuck in the pillow.

It was Selene.

“...Um.."

“What is it? Tell us.”

"What she said."

“Are you worried about something?”

“It’s just menstrual cramps, so don’t worry about it.”

Flame mumbled out, sinking her head in deeper into the soft pillow as she curled herself inwardly.

"Really?"

Then, the other girls quickly stopped paying attention to Flame and started talking amongst themselves again.

‘How can I say anything? I’m not supposed to tell anyone, I have to suffer alone.’

'Ashbluff... he doesn't know his purpose...'

Undoubtedly.

A side effect of regression was the loss of one's most precious memories and purpose.

He was really walking forward with a sense of mission, while leaving behind everything in the process.

Also, he said he wanted to live. Those words were heartbreaking, like drilling a nail through Flame's heart.

‘He wants to live.’

If someone else had said that, she would have probably dismissed it as overly exaggerated crap, but Val was different.

If it was true that he returned with the power of the Silver November... then he would disappear immediately after fulfilling his mission, and his existence would be completely erased from this world.

Without leaving any records, memories, or even traces.

Maybe, she wouldn’t even remember this conversation they had today.

Everything.

Or so she thought.

If he was a regressor, he must have an aim which could make him fearless even under the threat of being wiped off.