22: One's Victory and One's Failure

.𖥔 ݁ ˖

In truth, Isidore had a slight ulterior motive here

Rather than just thinking of bullying Ashbluff, he planned to elevate Jamie, who was backed by the Carlisle family that sponsored him.

Currently, Carlisle was in Class B and had significantly lower grades compared to Class A. But if he could build a career showing superior magic in a mock duel against Class S?

It would greatly increase his chances of being promoted to Class A.

"Both of you, step onto the platform."

"Yes."

Astraea Academy encouraged student duels on the premise that they wore safety gear, for the sake of gaining practical experience.

As Val confidently stepped onto one end of the long, straight platform, Carlisle stood at the opposite end.

"Jamie! Crush that commoner completely!"

A boy standing next to Ryan shouted. It was Mason, who had been thoroughly humiliated by Val during the dungeon practice.

'Petty fucker.'

Still harboring a grudge from that time, he was grinding his teeth. Carlisle glanced at Mason before turning his confident gaze towards Val and smirking.

"Of course. Just wait."

He knew Val was impressive. He had heard about how he had humiliated Mason's group during the dungeon practice and even won the duel against Cosette Lenox afterward.

But that was largely thanks to 'Blink.' On this platform where attacks and defenses were exchanged turn by turn without the use of 'Blink,' he believed he could defeat Val.

'I'll publicly humiliate him.'

Students gathered on either side of the platform, whispering among themselves.

"Carlisle will win, right? He has learned earth elemental magic offensively."

"It'll be tough for anyone to withstand Jamie's attacks...."

"But how does he intend to block if he doesn't use Magic Shield?"

As Isidore raised his hand, the students' chatter stopped.

"Jamie has the first move. Get ready."

Jamie and Val pulled out their wands and aimed at each other.

"Begin."

As soon as the command was given, Jamie revealed a grin and generated a brown magic circle in the air. Several students' eyes widened at the sight.

In basic magic practice, it was an unspoken rule to use low-level magic around 1st class, but he was using a powerful 2nd class spell from the Carlisle family's repertoire!