Chapter 1 - The Man in Blue

"Damn, it's gonna be a busy day tomorrow."

A Short Man with blue skin arranged his bed, he plugs his phone to charge and sits at the side. He looks out his simple window.

This man's name is Dave, he's a 24-year-old man with strange abilities. It's also important to mention that despite being 24, he's only 5 feet tall and obviously blue.

He yawns deeply before laying down on his bed, thinking to himself what tomorrow will bring.

"In any case, It's gonna be the first time in a while I'll sleep early. I'll have that to thank before I continue my freelancing work tomorrow." Dave thought before glancing at his bed table, seeing his weapon.

It was an old revolver, it had importance to him.

"Hmm... Maybe I should put you into maintenance..." Dave then fell asleep, snoring peacefully into the night.

Though he went into deep sleep, it wasn't a dream that greeted him.

"You there, strange man." A Voice called, sounded like a woman.

Dave still had his eyes closed, he's more annoyed than he is curious. He just wants some sleep.

"Hey, I KNOW you can hear me." The voice called out again.

Dave grunted and covered his face with a pillow to muffle the sounds.

"Mortal, I am commanding you to-"

"Okay! I'm up!" Dave sat up, his eyebrows furrowing but it quickly dissipates as he realizes that he's in a weird plane.

It was like a forest, in front of him was a shrine of sorts but fauna and vines had consumed it. He was still in his bed but it's clear he's not in his home anymore.

"Where am I? Don't tell me I'm dealing with another 'Beast', or is someone playing a prank on me again." Dave then jumps off his bed and grabbed his revolver.

The bed promptly poofs out of existence and he explores the shrine, walking closer to it.

"Hey, strange voice. Is someone here? I may be holding a firearm but I mean no harm." Dave says casually.

"I'll shoot if you try to do something though." He muttered that.

And upon his call, a bright shining light appeared at the shrine. Dave covers his eyes from the light and as it dimmed down, he sees someone.

"Interesting..." Dave says.

"Seeing that you have a different vibe, I'm not in my world now, huh?" Dave continued.

"You're quick to notice." The Being says.

This being was clothed in white, even with white flowing hair. She looked like a regular person, but Dave knows something is different.

"I am a local deity, you may call me 'Shineztia'. And with the last of my great blessing, I fulfilled a wish for a poor boy." Shineztia spoke in a elegant yet echoing voice.

Dave then slowly holsters his revolver, realizing the situation isn't that dangerous. Though he's worried that he may never come back to his world.

"I see you're worried. And I'm afraid I have to say that you cannot return to your world now." Shineztia says.

"But I'm not finished in mine, don't tell me I died in my sleep. I had a healthy life, even had to sacrifice beef from my diet." Dave says rather calmly, despite how serious the situation is for him.

"You needn't worry about your old life. It is time for you to live another, and to fulfill your new responsibility." Shineztia says before aiming her hand at Dave.