Chapter 11 - Morithil's Lament

The next morning came.

Every Citizen from the Dark Elf Kingdom was wondering what that massive glowing orb of mana is.

"Is it a dragon?" A citizen asked.

"Can't be, the Dragons moved north." Another said.

"No way any one of us has that large of a mana pool. The Princess is our most powerful mage." Another citizen asked.

But even though with these curious questions, the Kingdom went from going through a crisis to a steady climb. It's only been a week or two, and the Freelancers have proved their worth.

For now, Dave and Elfad entered the palace once more, Morithil's private audience is now here.

Morithil was at the throne room, awaiting them. The two approached and kneeled, waiting for her words.

"Sir Dave, sir Elfad. I thank you for answering my urgent request." Morithil says as she stands up from her throne.

"Now then, follow me. We shall talk privately in a different room."

Morithil then walks to the staircase behind the throne, Dave and Elfad followed without delay.

As they walked up the neatly decorated staircase, akin to any fancy castle. They saw portraits on the walls.

"Previous Kings of this Kingdom." Elfad mentioned.

"Elves live for an incredibly long time. So to see a dozen of these kings... The history of this Kingdom is deep."

"Hmm... Now I wonder, why is Morithil still a princess?" Dave thought as they reached the top of the stairs.

Morithil then leads them to the entrance of a large room, she takes a moment to take a deep breath.

"Prepare to meet them, gentlemen." Morithil says.

"Meet who, your Majesty?" Elfad asked.

"My parents, the previous King and Queen." Morithil answered before opening the door.

"Mother, father. I'm here with the Freelancers that aided our realm." Morithil says as she walked in, kneeling formally as she approached.

Dave and Elfad followed suit, kneeling beside her. And before them are dark elves, old yet carried dignity throughout their adorned robes and outfit.

These were the former King and Queen, King Moriwind and Queen Morioak. They both turned to see Morithil and the Freelancers.

"Oh! So these are the heroes you hired." Moriwind approached, smiling gently as he looked at Dave.

"Hm? Blue Goblin?"

"No, your Highness. I'm human." Dave answered.

"I see..." Moriwind nodded, and the former Queen, Morioak, looked at Elfad.

"And an elf, I can see it in your eyes." Morioak chuckled.

"That, I am, your Highness." Elfad answered.

"And it's true, Morithil. They possess great power, especially this young blue man." Moriwind says.

"You have our blessings, my child. But we warn you about their legitimacy." Morioak says.

"Thank you." Morithil then stands up, looking at her parents lovingly.

"I-I don't know what you guys are talking about, may we ask for some context?" Dave says rather nervously.

Morithil then turns to them, sighing. She gestured for them to stand and they followed.

"Before I tell you what this is all about, you must know my story..." Morithil closed her eyes, putting her hand on her chest.