Chapter 2 - Poor Village

After half an hour of walking, Dave and Butch arrived at a nearby village.

"I'm curious, why aren't you taking off your hood, Butch? I don't even know what you look like." Dave asked, he still had Butch on his shoulders.

"I-I refuse to take it off, my parents told me not to show it to humans." Butch explained, though he feels a little forced since Dave is his guardian now.

"I see, I won't pry." Dave respected his wishes nonetheless.

"Why did you bring that statue along?" Butch asked, noting to the statue that he took from the old shrine.

Dave takes out the statue from his jacket pocket, he inspects it. It resembled Shineztia a tiny bit.

"Well, someone had to send me here. Shineztia is the Goddess who summoned me to you. This little statue is good luck, and my way of communicating with her, I think." Dave explained.

"From now on, you'll have to pray and give thanks to her."

"Rightfully!" Butch then claps his hands together, praying to Shineztia his gratitude.

The duo then walked at the front of this village, though the two are a little surprised when they took a closer look.

"You know this place, Butch?" Dave asked.

"No, I ran away without looking from those bandits. I can't remember where I even came from." Butch explained.

The Village was poor, with unkempt rooves and deteriorating homes. It looked like it was a squatter home than it is a actual village.

"Huh, so this must be the starting village all those RPGs have." Dave thought.

"It's better than nothing, let's go here, Butch."

"S-Sure, whatever you decide, Sir Dave." Butch was unsure but Dave's intuition is what he can trust for now.

Upon entering this village, eyes immediately stared at the two. Especially the strangely blue man who was casually walking.

Butch felt their gaze but he felt safer since he's with Dave. Though he had to tell him.

"I don't think they like us, sir Dave..." Butch whispered.

"We'll have to make do. We'll earn their trust, you'll see." Dave smiles.

The Village folk were more afraid than they are hostile, Dave sensed it. He had intuition for understanding people, so he had nothing to worry about.

Suddenly, Dave spots an armored man with a large travelling bag. He was adjusting his armor in front of a building that's different from the others.

Seeing his attire as important, he rushed towards there with Butch.

"Huh?" The man turns at Dave and Butch.

"What the— You're blue!" He says in shock.

"Yeah." Dave answered casually.

Dave then looks at the building, Butch as well. The young boy was surprised to see a logo on the door, he recognised it.

"The Adventurer's Guild?" Butch says in surprise.

"Adventurer's Guild? Is that true, gentleman?" Dave looks back at the armored man.

"Yep, this is an Adventurer's Guild Tavern. Or WAS, before I was issued to leave this behind." The Armored Man then continues to arrange his items.

"You saying that this was decommissioned?" Dave asked.

"Yeah, the head of the Guild sent me a letter. Had to leave this sorry place behind because it was unprofitable." The man explained.