Chapter 17 - The Visit

Our heroes of gel returned to the Dark Elf Kingdom, bringing with them treasure and good news.

Morithil's Knights spread the word of the Freelancer's Heroism, telling them of their fight and victory over Adventurers. They're also eager to work with the Gurin Queendom, seeing another ally against the slavers.

This also means that the news of Morithil's Marriage is mostly positively perceived. With only a few of them being surprised that Morithil decided that a human would fit the bell, especially when the both of them were basically mere commoners.

But seeing the good they did for their kingdom, and the fact they fought against the dreaded adventurers. They saw it as a Princess marrying the Heroes of their Kingdom.

Although, they did find it strange that the Princess married two of them, making them the first dark elf kingdom to have two kings.

"Does this mean we're also allowed to marry two or more people?" A Dark Elf Citizen asked.

"I guess so." Another answered.

And then they cheered their new kings harder. But in request of the Princess, they'll have to treat them as equals, since Dave and Elfad intend to work as Freelancers.

For now, Dave and Elfad are the newly crowned Kings of the Dark Elves, and Morithil now the crowned Queen.

But after the celebration ended, Dave, Elfad and the Freelancers returned to where it all started. The newly formed 'Freelancing Village' was growing in numbers and income.

Humans, Elves, Dark Elves and many other races were present, applying to the Guild and living in such a united village.

And now, Dave has brought Slimes. Which was a pleasant surprise, but it was more shocking that they wanted to be Freelancers, with their own dreams.

Also, Morithil came with, and she wanted to see how the village was doing.

"Wow! It's only been 2 months or so, and this place has been growing at a steady pace." Morithil says, wearing a more casual outfit.

"Uh-huh, now that I'm back, I can make plans on expanding the tavern and making other buildings. For now, where's my little mascot?" Dave says as he looks around, searching for Butch.

"Sir Dave! Sir Elfad!" Butch came running quickly, as if he was in a rush.

"It's good to meet you two again! We got more people but there's also a problem- Oh! Is that the Dark Elf Princess!?" Butch pointed at Morithil, shocked to see her.

"Oh my, who's this masked child?" Morithil leans down, observing him.

"I-I'm Butch! Sir Dave's Assistant and Mascot of the Freelancing Guild, your Highness!" Butch saluted.

"W-Why is the Princess of Dark Elves here, Dave!?" Butch looked at Dave.

"Oh, it's because we're married." Dave gestured to Elfad and Morithil.

"Butch, this is Queen Morithil. She became a queen, and me and Elfad are Kings now."

"Yo, Butch." Elfad waved.

"Hi Butch~." Morithil waved again.

Butch's eyes widened before he just shook his head, sighing deeply.

"I don't care anymore, you're going places, Sir Dave..." Butch then quickly showed envelopes, with varying designs.

"Oh, let me take a look." Dave then started sorting through.

"A - Rank Monster Request? Eliott, this one's for you!" Dave called and Eliott approached to take the envelope.

"Building Commission... Teaching Commission... Elfad, distribute these to anyone capable, 'kay?" Dave gave the rest of the envelopes to Elfad.