Chapter 18 - Williams

As Williams was in his carriage, looking at Reginald and Gwyn. He chuckles at the thought of having more slaves.

"That Dave fellow has quite a charm if Princess Morithil is with him. If he realizes the profit he can make working with me, then we'd have the entire Dark Elf Race chained and used to our liking." Williams mischievously says.

Outside of the carriage, it was being pulled by a dozen slaves. Most were Orcs but the escort were surrounded by his 'finest' dark elves. Behind the carriage was the rest of the White Blades and his mercenaries.

"Rest assured, sir Williams. Even if it comes to a fight, Dave can't possibly fight the White Blades and your mercenaries." Reginald explained.

"Yes, that sounds nice and all but think of business first. Even if we can defeat him, I don't want to risk the slaves I brought being caught in the crossfire." Williams explained.

"Right, sorry to intrude." Reginald bowed a little.

"No worries, no worries." Williams chuckled, gesturing him to calm down.

Though Gwyn just looks outside of the carriage, glaring at the walking slaves. She grips her seat at the thought of them being used for display.

"Dave, I hope you think like I do. There's no way you'll let these slaves continue living a miserable life." Gwyn thought.

"Go with us, see how many sins Weissland has committed."

As Williams carriage is being escorted, there's an unseen eye within the shadow of the trees.

Elfad has spotted them, he grits his teeth at the sight of the slaves, not just because of pity but for his sins as well, as he onced captured people to be sold off to Slavery.

"As one of the Kings of the Dark Elves, I'm responsible of freeing them. But I have to trust Dave's words, and let him do what he needs to do." Elfad then disappears into the shadows, returning to Freelancing Village.

Dave was working with other Freelancers, building the foundation of a home. Morithil and Butch worked together as receptionist, many welcomed Morithil's receptionist look and increased the productivity of Dark Elves in the village.

But Elfad quickly returned, appearing by Dave to tell the urgent news.

"He's approaching, in just a few minutes, he'll be at the village entrance." Elfad reported.

"Ah- Right." Dave nodded, handing the items he carried to another freelancer.

"Did he bring slaves?"

"Yeah, dozens of them. Orcs and Dark Elves." Elfad explained.

"Then go to the others, wait for my signal and spring our devious plan." Dave smiled before patting his cheek.

"Mhm." Elfad nodded before disappearing once more.

"Everyone, be ready! Williams is here!" Dave shouted to the villagers.

The Dark Elf Freelancers heard what he said and they all retreated to their houses and taverns. The Slimes also went out on the fields, hiding in tall grass and streams.

While the rest acted natural, going on their leisurely duties.

Morithil and Butch followed Dave, heading to the entrance to spy on them.

"Morithil, stand near by. Just enough to fire off any of your spells safely, and hide yourselves." Dave says.

"As you command, dear." Morithil nodded before she takes Butch, coating herself with cloaking magic before heading to a secluded area.