Chapter 4 - Bandits

As Elfad returned to his father and his gang, he told the existence of Dave and how the village is becoming better by the day.

"That's him, boss! The guy who stole the kid from us!" A Bandit says, he was one of the few that got tied up.

"Blue, Short? Has strange glasses accessories? That's definitely him, we have to get him and take that kid back." Another Bandit said.

Elfad's eyes widened a bit, hearing what they said made him worry for a moment.

"So it was him... Taking 5 of our guys on his own without putting much effort." Elfad thought.

"He may be bigger trouble than I thought..."

Though his thoughts were cut as Eliott breaks the table in half, his magical aura soaring with power.

"We're attacking tomorrow! At the break of dawn, we're gonna ransack that village and get that boy." Eliott growled.

"Huh? Father, we can't risk our gang for such a reckless act." Elfad protested but Eliott stopped him.

"I've made up my mind, I'm getting tired of living like an outlaw. I need to let out some steam!" Eliott then looks at his bandit gang, numbering in the 20s.

"Ain't that right!? Let's get our grub!" He raises his spear in the air, and the gang cheers him on.

"D-Damn it, I'm sorry, Dave. But I did warn you, so you better leave the village." Elfad thought.

"So please... Live for my sake."

The next morning, at dawn.

"..." Elfad's eyes widened at the sight of the village entrance.

He saw Dave standing alone, he was the only one keeping Eliott's gang from entering the poor village.

"He didn't leave!" Elfad thought, he's now nervous for his well-being.

"Elfad came back, and he wasn't lying. Bandits did come here, I suppose he was warning me." Dave thought.

"They weren't kidding, this guy really is blue." Eliott says.

"You! Dwarf!" Eliott pointed his spear at Dave.

"I'm a regular human, not a dwarf." Dave mentioned.

"You've attacked and have stolen from my comrades! I demand you return him immediately!" Eliott shouted.

"Come on, Dave. Just give him back already!" Elfad thought.

"I refuse." Dave simply says.

"Damn it!" Elfad held his head in frustration.

"I have been tasked by a higher calling to protect that boy and I intend to follow through with it." Dave says with a simple smile.

"Then you've chosen death." Eliott's eyes shined.

"Get him!" Eliott commanded his bandits.

"Not good! Dave run!" Elfad thought as he froze up, but he took out his daggers to defend himself.

Dave smiles before he prepares himself. And the fight for the village occurs at dawn.

As the bandits pounced, they drew their blades and slashed at Dave. Attacking from multiple angles like a pack of wolves, they intend to skewer him without mercy.

But Elfad's eyes couldn't believe what he was seeing.

"No way... He's dodging all of them!?" Elfad thought.

Indeed he was, Dave was successfully dodging all of their attacks with masterful grace. With being small, the bandits had a harder time landing a hit on him.