Chapter 12 - Beyond Vanta Forest

After a few days of honouring the Freelancers and recognizing their village, they still had jobs in the Dark Elf Kingdom to finished.

But rest assured, more Dark Elves sre interested in travelling to this new village, which is now being called "The Freelancing Village". Many were planning to travel there to apply as Freelancer or see how the village was.

Meanwhile, Dave, Elfad and Eliott gathered near the Moriave River, thinking of their next plan.

"Heh! Being a hero is easy, I'll make sure you guys are proper husbands for the Princess." Eliott says with a smirk.

"But I'm so proud of you, Elfad! You're gonna be a king! A father can never be happier than this!" Eliott gave Elfad some fatherly hugs, which Elfad felt uncomfortable since Dave was right there.

"But I'm surprised, you and Dave are actually dating? I didn't think you'd be into men."

"I... Didn't expect that either." Elfad chuckled as he looks at Dave.

"But I didn't start dating him just because he's a man, it's how he walks himself. He's a great man. Maybe a better king than I." Elfad then rustles Dave's hair.

"I'm honoured to have him at this weird triple wedding."

Dave chuckled as he held Elfad's hands, stopping him from ruining his hair.

"Anyways, you two, do you have news around these parts? You were bandits, so you must've travelled around." Dave asked.

"We usually travelled from village to village, hiding in the woods. But never the Black Forest, let alone the Vanta Forest." Eliott says.

"But we did pick up something while we were fighting countless monsters. We were going to show you this today, so that's why were near the Moriave river." Elfad then looks at the flowing water and points at an area.

"Over there, there's some E and D Ranking Monsters."

Dave then leans over and squints his eyes, he then sees bouncing orbs like dough or mochi. His eyes widened.

"Are those slimes?" Dave asked.

"Yeah, a pack of them." Elfad says before he approaches them.

Dave and Eliott followed, and they watched a couple of steps away from these pack of slimes.

"I've read that they're E - Rank Monsters that drop some gel or jelly that can be used for fuel or hair shampoo. But they're not anything dangerous, are they?" Dave looks at Elfad and Eliott.

"You're right, they're not that big of a deal. Even Giant Slimes and other types are small fry to experienced Adventurers." Elfad answered.

"So why are we looking at slimes, exactly?" Dave then approaches the slimes more, the pack of slimes turned to look at him.

Then suddenly, one of the slimed bounces towards him and it's shape slowly changed. It slowly had a cute face, and a hat, then finally, a moustache. The other slimes also transformed into these special kind of slimes.

Dave was astonished, they look absolutely adorable.

"As you can see, these slimes are intelligent." Elfad kneeled down beside Dave.

"And that's why we brought you here, to discuss about their plea." Eliott says.

"Plea?" Dave then turned at the moustache slime.

The Moustache Slime seemingly cleared it's throat, even though it didn't need to. Then it spits out a scroll, and with its slime arms, opened it and lent it to Dave.