Chapter 16 - Heroes of Gel

As the White Blades returned from their failed mission, they immediately reported what happened to the Guildmaster.

"Some Blue Man held Gywn's strongest spell? That is concerning." The Guildmaster says.

"And even the Dark Elf Princess is there?"

"Yes, There's no mistake. There's also two other people, they're skilled as well." Reginald answered.

"Good news is that we don't have to worry about the A Rank Monsters since they already took care of it."

"And the Bad News are these 'Freelancers' and the large swarm of Slimes in the area." The Guildmaster continued.

"No, the bad news is that guy himself, Dave." Reginald answered.

"Hmm... Working with monsters is concerning, but someone strong like him is much dangerous. Me and Weissland's Government will discuss the matter, for now, you will all be dismissed." The Guildmaster says.

The White Blade nodded before they left the room, but Gwyn stayed for now. The Guildmaster approached her, the air getting tense.

"He's an Otherworlder." Gwyn mentioned.

"Not summoned by the Kingdom."

"An illegal summoning... No wonder he's strong. Which god answered, I wonder?" The Guildmaster asked.

"His powers are not in the books, especially not the god who summoned me."

"If he is to attack Weissland, then I'll inform it's S - Rank Adventurer. He may stop your attack but I've yet to see someone defeat 'The Unstoppable', not even the Great Dark Dragon that attacked this city 20 years ago." The Guildmaster entailed.

"The Unstoppable, huh? If it weren't for him, then I would've settled the problems of this city myself." Gwyn thought.

"Dave... I wonder how strong you are?"

Meanwhile, Dave and the Freelancers gathered back at Gloo's Castle. Where the entire Gurin Queendom celebrated their victory against the monsters and adventurers.

Providing loads of food and alcohol, the Slimes know how to party like humans and the likes. Although, Dave doesn't really like to drink, he just settled with milk.

"How splendid~! I can't believe that our Queendom would be saved with a small, blue man like you~!" Gloo says as she drinks booze.

"It's nothing, your Highness. I'm just doing my job." Dave smiled.

Elfad was casually drinking, eating meat in-between. While Eliott is chugging pints with the other slimes, singing songs with them.

"As promised, I shall reward you with Platinum coins and items from our Treasury~! My slimes, bring forth their reward~!" Gloo snapped her fingers and a group of slimes approached, carrying a crate and a large pouch.

They dropped it on the table, spilling some of the goods and revealing their reward.

"200 Platinum Coins and some fine jewelry and equipment~! Even the materials from the monsters you slay are here~!" Gloo presented.

"Oh wow, this could help grow Freelancing Village." Dave says before looking at Elfad.

"Heh! Maybe I can buy myself new clothes, I share some of those, yeah?" Elfad smiled.

"Yeah, it's gonna be cut between us and Eliott. Morithil and her knights volunteered, they said that we'll keep our payment." Dave answered.

"That's really nice of her! Oh, speaking of, where is she?" Elfad looks around before a tremble occurs, flinging slimes away.