Chapter 3 - Elfad

In the forest, just near the village Dave and Butch were in.

The Bandits they tied to a tree returned to a camp in the forest, inside was a group of even more of their companions.

They reported to their ring leader of whag happened.

"Damn it! That boy could've sold for so much! Now how are we supposed to get our supplies for the month." A rugged man in armor slammed his hand on the table.

He had a scar on his left eye, and he looked middle aged. He was a good looking fellow but his demeanour is dangerous and intimidating.

"What shall we do, Sir Eliott?" A bandit asked.

"There's a nearby village here, but it looks like a pile of shit from here. If we're lucky, then there's should be money in there." Eliott says before looking at a silhouette in the trees.

"Elfad! We need you to scout ahead, see if there's anyone dangerous there. Do it quick."

Then from the trees, a hooded rogue appears. He had daggers at the ready and his sleek eyes shined with bloodlust. He was Elfad, the son of Eliott.

"Ofcourse, father." Elfad's eye shined.

A week later.

Elfad conducts a series of investigations around the village. From what he gathered, there's a small militia protecting the village but they lacked any training and proper equipment to be a great threat to his gang.

Though he found it strange that each day passes, the village is slowly looking better. He wonders if it's his imagination but he eavesdropped on one of the villagers, hearing their conversation.

"That strange blue fella has made good work of our poor village. Our money is well spent on his services, and he isn't even an adventurer." An Old lady says to another.

"I think he calls himself a 'Freelancer', I don't know what kind of job that is but it's better than those useless adventurers!" The other old lady says.

"So, there's no adventurer guild here to protect them, hm? But this 'freelancer' is interesting." Elfad thought before walking away.

"He may be dangerous, they said he's better than the Adventurers here. I need to find him quick and know more." Elfad held his chin, looking at the ground.

"He said he was blue, but I'm sure I would've found someone like him after investigating for a week. Where could he be?"

As he thought about this strange blue man, Dave and him passed by each other. Dave took a quick glance at his eyes and was surprised.

His heart skipped a beat, as if he was momentarily in love.

Dave stopped, but so did Elfad. The two then slowly looked at each other and time stopped.

Dave takes a deep breath before facing him, and Elfad was shocked to see him as he was literally blue.

But the two are more shocked cause they felt a jolt in their bodies, even in their souls.

Elfad's breath shook but he furrow his eyebrows and quickly looked away, walking hastily.

"Hey, wait! Let me see you!" Dave followed and Elfad quickly jogged.

But Dave matched his pace, so Elfad had to do a diversion and quickly heads into an alley, making Dave wonder where he want.

"What was that just now? Why do I feel warm?" Elfad thought as he panted silently.

"So, he's the guy, huh? He caught up so quick, he must be serous business... Still..." Elfad held his chest.

"Why am I feeling this way?"