Chapter 14 - Monster Hunting

Next morning, in Weissland City's Adventurer's Guild.

The White Blades gathered in the guild to take up another personal quest from the Guildmaster.

"Greetings once more, Adventurers." A nice old lady greeted them in their office.

"I'll cut to the chase, it's just a simple monster extermination mission."

"Is it about the fleeing A - Rank Monsters heading southeast?" Reginald asked.

"Yes, our efforts are not in vain after Weissland's Last Campaign in Gurin Forest. The strong hitting monsters are fleeing to the slime ridden areas. They are of no concern, so I expect a clean job from all of you." The Old Lady says.

"After that's done, then there's a clear path through Vanta Forest. I'm sure the folks in the Weissland Council will appreciate easy access to more slaves from the Dark Elf Kingdom."

Reginald nodded, and so did the others, but Gwyn didn't react at all.

"Your quest is to eliminate all of the A Ranking Monsters, the S - Ranks need not to worry about trivial matters." The Old Lady mandated.

"There's been rumours of a couple of S - Rank Monsters in that area. Is there any confirmation?" Elaine, their Priestess, mentioned as she approached.

"Rest assured, if there's any S - Ranks Monsters, then it's safe for all of you to assume that retreat is an option. We don't want to lose such a famous group of Adventurers." The Old Lady says.

"You are dismissed, don't forget to acquire parts from those monsters."

The White Blades nodded before departing. As they head out, they made small conversation.

"Hunting monsters again, huh? Seriously, I can't wait to just settle down here." Adaline says, spinning her dagger before looking at Bo'santi.

"Big guy, what do you think we should try? Those A - Rank Monsters are rare to eat, right?"

"King Boars should be delicious, but I tasted Emperor Pythons before. We can try that." Bo'santi chuckled.

As they conversed, Gwyn is deep in her own thoughts. The Old Lady's words concerned her, about taking more slaves once they cleared out the last A - Ranking Monsters.

The White Blades made their preparations and head out on horseback to the southwest region of the Gurin Forests.

But meanwhile, Dave and the others started to head out to the frontlines. Alongside them were different Slime Troopers, equipped with spears, shields and helmets.

"This isn't a monster extermination mission, we just need to push these Monsters back." Dave says.

"Gloo said that the monsters attacking the Queendom aren't from this area."

"So, Weissland must be trying to eliminate all of the monsters in Gurin Forest. That's gonna have a huge effect on the wildlife." Elfad mentioned.

"That must be the reason why the Dark Elf Kingdom was getting attacked by monsters. Like a Monster Domino Effect." Eliott says as he takes out his sword.

"Weissland... I've heard of their cruelty from my people who escaped their grasps. I wouldn't be surprised if they're trying to reach my kingdom through the forests. And with the Adventurer's Guild on their side, we can't retaliate." Morithil says before sighing.

"Were not gonna face off against Weissland, and if we do, we'll do it diplomatically. For now, focus on stabilizing the front." Dave says.

"Eliott, Elfad and Morithil, you guys will handle frontline support. Apprehend or scare off those monsters. While I'll handle the technical stuff for the Slimes, they probably need to reorganize and have some order in their ranks."