Chapter 10 - Magic

Morithil and her entourage reached home, they were all at awe at the newly refilled lake. And thanks to the river, they won't worry about water shortages.

She then gathered Dave with the others, announcing their milestone.

"From this day and onward, the river created by our combined efforts shall be dubbed as the 'Moriave River', Mori in reference to the bloodline of this family, and 'Ave' in honour of Sir Dave who bestowed upon us his great effort. Hear ye!" Morithil announced to her people, everyone cheered for Dave and the Princess.

Elfad was in the crowd, happy to see him getting recognised. But Dave is just standing there, smiling like an idiot.

An hour later, they hosted a feast near the lake, celebrating the achievement. They did a traditional dance, involving graceful robes and harmonious dancing.

Dave and Elfad were watching just a few distances away, they enjoyed the quieter side than the party.

"That's one of the bigger problems down, thankfully I got it finished thanks to the others. I'm starving." Dave then starts munching down on a large piece of cattle meat.

"So, Elfy, how's your side going?"

"The monster attacks are slowing down, we hunted the alphas and leaders so the other monsters get discouraged." Elfad says as he eats delightfully.

"Did the others solve the food shortages?" Dave wipes his face, drinking water to wash it all down.

"Well, most of the monsters are big boar and cattle, we used their meat to supply the village with food for now. It's actually incredibly delicious, although most of it is due to our freelance cooks doing the work." Elfad chuckled.

"Everything is going well then?" Dave says as he was munching on some more food.

"Yep, all is well." Elfad answered.

"Excuse me, gentlemen." Morithil spoke from behind.

Elfad quickly covered his face and stood up, Dave just glances over, noticing the princess in casual attire.

"Your highness," Dave says as he takes another bite.

"Sorry for the mess, I'm hungry."

"I don't mind, you've done an act og heroism today, sir Dave. You deserve more than a feast." Morithil says as she sits down by them, Elfad as well.

"Your elven friend also deserves his recognition, him and his Adventurer friend saved many lives and resources thanks to their efforts."

"We are only doing our jobs, your Highness." Elfad says as he bows a little, being more formal.

"Please, don't be so formal! I'm here among you as equals, atleast for today." Morithil smiled.

"I am Elfad. I am sir Dave's most trusted ally." Elfad introduced himself.

"He's also my boyfriend." Dave casually says.

"Huh!?" Elfad slowly turned red, he felt warmer and wanted to take off his bandana but not in front of the Princess.

"D-Dave, how could you just say that!? Especially right in front of the Princess!" Elfad angrily shakes him, blushing and sweating underneath.

"Oh, oops." Dave smiled.

"Oh! I see... You prefer men." Morithil says rather solemnly, looking away.

"Not exactly, your Highness. I swing both ways, as they say in my home." Dave clarified.

"Huh?" Elfad looks at him confused.

"You prefer men AND women?"

"Why yes, I see no harm in that. In my home, we also don't confine ourselves to one partner. As long as all parties consent, we can be married polyamorously." Dave explained.