14 : Return

The next morning, madhavi woke the kids up and sent them to school as they had exam. She was still giving ansh the silent treatment as she was very angry on him. Pallavi tried coaxing ansh but it was of no use.

"Sambhalke jao and it's ok exam kharab bhi gaya tho! Koi tension lene ki zarurat nahi he! Final exams me ache kar sakthe ho! Theek hai?" Madhavi says to ishaan who was worried as he wasn't able to prepare well due to all the commotion. Ansh didn't really care about the exam, he was only concerned about the consequences he will have to face.

After the kids left, pallavi and madhavi settle on the sofa while talking about their kids.

"Pucho bhi mat pallavi! Har doosa din heart attack deta he ye ladka hame!!" Madhavi gasps.

"Bache he! It's common to behave like that!!" Pallavi says while caressing madhavi's hand. Pallavi too was very scared yesterday, even though her kids too are troublemakers they never pulled out such stunts.

"Ye sab kaise common hai? Apne medicines na leke behosh ho jana! Zid pe chale ghar chodke chale jana!! Pata nahi itna courage kaha se aata hai isse!"

"Wo tho mujhe bhi doubt hai!! kalyan ko dekh ke hi passena bahata hai par phir bhi itni itni himmat??" Pallavi says genuinely shocked. She and Ravi always questioned if the gentle approach they took towards parenting would spoil their children.... But their kids never pulled out stunts like this and on contrary ansh who was being in such a strict household falls into trouble every other day. She came to a conclusion that kids behave according to their personality no matter how much efforts parents keep.

"Ab pata nahi kalyan kya karega.... Itna gusse me tha kal! Aur aaj aa raha hai... i'm very scared for ansh!!" Madhavi says with a concerned face.

"Itni concern hai tho baat kar leti usse! Bichara itna dheela hua tha...."

"Me baat kia tho wo mujhe kuch foolish reason dega and ulta seedha baat karega! Aur meri haath uth jayegi! Isliye baat nahi kia!" Madhavi says defeatedly. Pallavi just smiles back.

"Waise ek tho seedha hai... dono ansh ke tarwh he tho tum dono pagal ho jathe!" Pallavi says and madhavi laughs at it.

"Wo tho sach hai par ishaan bhi kam nahi hai!! Par haa shararat ki frequency tho kam hai! Waise tumhare bacho ke baare me batao!"

"Mere bache..... aaahhh.... Pata nahi yaar par bohot jaldi bade hogaye! Ab college ja rahe hai 3-4 months me! Ab ghar par sirf me bhoot ki tarah akele ghoomungi!" Pallavi says sadly.

"Aree koi baat nahi! Hamare ghar ajao jab chahe tab!" Madhavi says while hugging pallavi.

"I would love to par mene socha ki ab abroad jaungi aut kuch padhungi. Photography ki apply kardi he mene... and i got selected too and that too with full scholarship. I'm leaving in the next 6 months. Waise bhi ravi bohot busy he and bache bhi hostel chale jayenge... tho mene socha ab tho life me kuch karna padega, tha ki me budhapa me pagal na hojau" pallavi says while smiling.

"Achi baat he.. par jab holidays me bache ayenge tab kya?"

"Wo apne nani ke ghar me rahenge. Actually un dono ne hi bohot help kia mujhe iss decision lene me"

"Bohot pyare bache he.." madhavi says while smiling.

They continued their talking session for a long time and heard a knock on the door. Madhavi went to open it and it was kalyan. He took the first flight home after his mission was done. Madhavi hugged him tight as she was overwhelmed with everything that has happened and gained comfort from him. After that, they came inside and kalyan greeted pallavi. They shared about their lives while drinking tea.

The kids were back from school after their exam. The closer their house was, the slower ansh was walking. He does not want to go home and he can't run away to his hiding spot either thanks to the stunt he pulled yesterday.

They reach home and see kalyan sitting on the sofa. They run towards him at full speed and jump on him. Ansh forgot all his fears and he was just happy that kalyan was home now.

"Pata he kitna miss kia tha apko??? Ap dubara mat jayiye!!" Ishaan says with tears. He has controlled his tears till now but not they were unstoppable.

"Beta do din ki tho baat thi? Ye tho sabse chota time thana!" Kalyan asks confused. His kids weren't this whiny when he went on mission as long as 3-4 months. He guessed that the 2 year gap and them growing closer now because kalyan was with them all the time has made them even more attached to him.

"Papa do din nahi ek din bhi mat jao!" Ansh says while hugging kalyan tightly.

"Theek hai beta! Ab dono rona band karo..." he consoles them while patting their backs. They stop crying after a while.

"Papa mission kya hua?" Ansh asks while sniffing

"Apke papa ka jaana aur mission fail hona possible hai kya??" Kalyan smirks at the kids and they roll their eyes.

"Ab jao fresh hoke aao!" He nudges his kids.

"Huff! Mujhe laga ansh aate aate hi maar khayega!" Madhavi says while coming out from kitchen.

"Mera bhi wahi plan tha par wo itna cute sa shakal banake hug kia tho me pigal gaya! Ab kya karu, uski shakal bilkul apki tarah hi hai!" Kalyan shrugs.

"Bas kijiye" madhavi laughs.

"Ravi nahi aaraha?" Pallavi asks about her workaholic husband who spends most of his time at the base.

"Nahi mere saath tho nahi aya, but i think he'll be home after everything is sorted." Kalyan replies and the kids come down after refreshing and cling on eithersides of kalyan. He takes them in his protective embrace and kisses them.

"Apko nahi lagta, ki hame kuch baat karni chahiye?" Kalyan asks ansh at which ansh just looks down in fear.

"Lunch khake mere room me wait karo." Kalyan says and ansh nods.

They have lunch together and kalyan says about the little girl. Everyone was shocked hearing it as they were not sure why a 10 year old girl was with such a cruel group of people.

"Ab kaisi he wo bachi?" Madhavi asks with concern in her eyes.

"Abhi bhi waise hi dara dara sa hai. Search kar rahe he about her whereabouts. Hopefully wo jaldi mil jaye."

They finish their meal and ansh goes and sits in kalyan and madhavi's room as instructed. He was shaking with fear and the door opens with a bang. Kalyan was standing there with a belt in his hands. Ansh audibly gasped at that and stood up.

How was the update guys?

Any guesses about ansh's future 😶‍🌫️?

Please vote and comment as it gives me strength 🥹