What Was

@itslucilegrey- 

@itslucilegrey

My new single goodwill. Come's out at midnight. <3 (For all the girl kissers)

                                     liked by @callydavis@gracieabrams@judegrey, and 120,000 others

|@user1- Tay didn't like it?????

       |@user2- did you see the photos of Lucile leaving Tays's apartment crying? 

|@user3- GIRL KISSER?!?!?

|@user4- She looks sad in that picture. 

                                                More comments

,,,

Cally is combing my hair with their fingers as I lye my head in their lap, Marjorie is purring beside me as I cry. I've been staying at Cally's place since the night at Taylor's. I shouldn't be sad I've had a song be number one for four weeks straight. But I feel horribly distraught. 

I have an album coming out in a few months and I'm here crying. But I think anyone in my position would be. I just had a fight with Taylor Swift. 

Gracie has called me twice, once to tell me Taylor feels terrible, and once to congratulate me on my new single. Both times I let her go to voicemail. I'm meant to be at a gig in an hour. I'm performing opera and goodwill, at a cute little venue. 

We've told the makeup team to come to Cally's apartment. And when they get here, I sit in a chair drinking a spinach smoothie (not as bad as it sounds) and eating banana slices while they do my hair and makeup. 

Hair will be in a loose elegant bun. Makeup is simple. I'm wearing a short colorful dress with fruit all over it. When we go from the venue to the stage, the crowd screams so loud. I bring the microphone to my lips, and I sing. And I see Taylor in one part of the crowd. And Him, he's here. At a different table. When I lock eyes with him. I feel dead inside. 

I sing harder, louder, stronger, angrier, sadder. 

"Fuck I almost married you babe". I'm on my knees staring at him through my hair as I breathe heavily. Then the next song starts. Goodwill. And when I sing the kiss a girl line, he scoffs I can see it. 

"I'm sorry I'm not answering but I'm okay with distancing. If you keep ringing, I'll keep singing, it's the way thinks go, honey wouldn't you like to know". 

Once I'm done Taylor claps and I walk of the stage down into the crowd, security guards making a path as I sign people's posters and shirts. I see Taylor and I see him. And he lounges towards me practically yelling at me. Noone can hear it but me because he's not really yelling. He's whispering in a way only I recognize. 

He's a nobody no one knows who he is. No one even cares. 

But I care and he gets me he knows what buttons to press. And so, I grab Taylor Alison Swift by her shirt, and I kiss her fast and hard. We are in public; we are on camera. 

And then I'm gone. Out of the Venue. Back into my apartment. Where I lie in bed feeling nothing. 

,,,

(before the show)

000

000

000

@itslucilegrey-

so excited for tonight's show. getting to play goodwill for the first time. here is a picture of the drink @callydavis so expertly made me. and i couldn't leave out her kitty cat Marjorie. 

                 liked by @callydavis@judegrey, and 300,000 others.

,,,

It's everywhere, the picture of my mouth on Taylor's mouth. It's on the news. It's everywhere. absolutely everywhere. I can't fathom how horrible that was to her. After she's spent her whole life avoiding rumors, i mean hell she has a boyfriend. 

This could ruin her career. and selfishly I'm listening to her music to calm me down, because her voice is just so calming. August plays, then Betty, then Lavender Haze. And I think about her new album. I wonder what the other songs sound like. She only played us three or four. 

I wonder if I've ruined that for her too. 

I fill my bathtub with water and sit under the water contemplating drowning. But I don't because I have an album coming out in a few weeks. And I have Christmas, where I get to go see my brother. And I have my grandfather who couldn't possibly loose two grandkids. Because Jude is so very sick. And there is a tour to plan, and Cally. 

But I do stay under the water long enough to let the silence numb me.