Sleepover

Dizzy. Was a good word. As I sat in a chair answering questions. I was already sick of interviews. They weren't all bad, I did enjoy them. But the pounding headache and the lack of sleep and the excitement of seeing Freddie tonight was killing me. I'm just as nervous though, for Travis and Freddie seemed to have organized a "sleepover" with the four of us to try and fix things between Tay and I. Honestly, it's sweet of them. But it's just hard. 

"We know your good friends with singer and popstar Taylor Swift, tell us a little bit about that". The interviewer says sitting across from me as cameras point at the both of us. I smile and flatten my skirt down a little, fiddling with my rings nervously. Freddie told me he watches all my interviews and that he's worried about me because in his words 'I may be an incredible actress, but he is an actor, and he knows all the tricks so I can't hide form him.' 

"Umm, yeah. Taylor is freakishly talented. She was with me on the night of my album release, and I've spent a lot of precious time with her. She's one of my best friends. Love her to death. She's an incredible woman, watching her train and perform for hours on end is crazy and seeing her with Travis too is really awesome. I can't wait to join her tour family soon. Everyone is really great." I blabber, speaking in basic half-truths and common answers. 

"That's great she is lovely. There are rumors speculating on your relationship with Swift. After this photo-" The interviewer shows a photo of me kissing Taylor on the screen and my eyes falter a little. "Was released. What's the story behind this kiss". 

I laugh nervously. "Yeah, uh it was the first time I'd played my single goodwill and I have a lyric in it about kissing girls. We thought it would be funny. But yeah, just friends. Who are both currently taken". 

This distracts the interviewer as she changes the topic to Freddie. She mentions my brother once, but Molly shuts it down from the corner of the room. She's the best boss ever. 

,,,

I'm holding a box of glazed doughnuts a bag thrown over my shoulder. My makeup is light. I'm wearing my hair in a messy bun and I'm wearing a skirt and a white blouse. Travis opens the door and takes the box from me giving me a hug that I need to carry on. I struggle not to just start crying in his arms. He looks at me sadly and I hear my favorite thick British accent from a different room shouting excitedly "Is that Luce!? Is she here". 

He slides into the hallway were I'm standing and smiles so widely I worry his dimples will rip his face in two. I open my arms and in his brightly colored jumper and long shorts he runs to me and spins me around. I can't help but smile and laugh. "Missed me?" I ask and he nods like a little puppy. "You're such a golden retriever!" I muse and he laughs. Before kissing me on the lips. 

I smile into the kiss and can't help but keep smiling when he pulls away. I see Taylor from the corner of my eyes. Her lips are pursed and she's holding a wooden spoon with what looks to be cookie batter on it. I turn away from Freddie, walking over to Taylor. 

"I'm sorry" We both say in unison before laughing. 

I push my hair behind my ear before opening my arms and hugging the blonde tightly. I missed the smell of her expensive perfume and cat hair covered sweaters. The boys laugh at us then high five as their mission is accomplished. 

,,,

We are all cozied up in the living room, my head is on Freddies chest, and my feet are on Taylor's lap. We're watching Cats; to tease Taylor and the room is filled with laughter. Taylor is hiding her face behind her hands dramatically. 

"Watcha doing love?" Freddie asks as I sit up and open my phone. Opening my notes app. Taylor and Travis look over at me as well. 

"Lyrics" I mumble, distracted as I type feverishly. "Can I borrow a piano Tay?" I ask and she nods as I walk away sitting my phone on the stand of a black piano in the music room. I'm far away enough not to bother them. 

 At least half an hour has passed by the time Freddie comes in to see what I'm doing. "Baby, want to go to bed?" He asks while drawing patterns on my bare arms. 

"Freddie, I think I'm gonna write a new record". 

"But you just dropped one aren't you tired?"

"This is the best song I've ever written," I say turning to kiss him. 

"When do I get to hear it then?" He asks and I smile. 

"After a good night's sleep" I say standing up to head to bed with him.   

"You too tired for some fun?". I laugh all the way to Taylor's guest room.