Feel's Like

@itslucilegrey- 

@itslucilegrey

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays. From good Ol' Luce. I'm still gushing about the GRAMMY nominations. This can't be real. I love you guys so much. 

                   liked by @taylorswift@gracieabrams@callydavis, and 1,989,000 others

,,,

Grandad is starting the car; Jude is on the porch waving goodbye. I open the door to get in so I can be driven to the airport and then I run back to the porch and give Jude one last squeeze. I can feel his tears running onto my hair. I put one hand on either side of his pale face. 

"I wish I could stay". 

"Lucie, come on now. You're going to miss your flight".  He says and I know he's right. 

Tears freely roll down my face and put my hand out dramatically. He seems confused for a moment before he remembers. And performs our little childhood handshake that I'd completely forgotten about. We mess it up a few times and start laughing. Then I give him one final hug. 

"I love you, Judy". I say and he messes up my hair. 

"I love you too, Luce". 

I walk to the car with a thousand look backs at him. My fingernails digging into my palms. When Grandad starts the car Jude is waving from the porch smiling sadly. I smile back and wave. "He's in a lot more pain than he lets on Luce, death is mercy for him at this point" Grandad says gruffly pulling the car out his own eyes teary. 

I swallow the lump in my throat. "I wish that made it easier". I'm crying now. Nothing holding back. 

"Do you remember the first time a boy broke up with you. I drove you home from school. You were crying, very destressed so I took you to get ice-cream on the way home. It was our little secret. Your brother didn't need to know. Then we used to get ice-cream once a month. Just us." Grandad says and I smile reminiscing. 

"Yeah, I remember. I always got strawberry, and it would always melt before I could eat it. My hands would be all sticky. We always stopped at the public toilets on the way home so I could wash them so Jude wouldn't know". I say fondly. 

"Jude knew". Grandad says and I turn to him surprised. 

"He did? Why didn't he complain?" 

"Because your brother has always put you first, and always wanted you to have the world Not to say you didn't do the same for him. You both rarely fought. You're the closest brother and sister I've ever met in my long time on this planet." He says and I laugh. 

"Your brother is going to be just fine Lucile. Just fine." I nod slowly from the passenger seat. "Oh, and the reason I specifically told that story is because he gave me twenty dollars before we left. I'm going to keep it in my wallet till the day of his funeral. Then my girl we are going to leave early and get ice-cream." 

I laugh as we pull into the airport. "You're the best Grandad." I say as I take my suitcase from the backseat. 

"I know I am". He replies and I hug him tightly. 

"Tell him everything I didn't get time to say". 

"Lucie, he already knows everything. Sometimes words aren't the most powerful thing. he knows you love him. And that's enough".

,,,

I'm restless the whole flight, and when I land, I go straight to my apartment. When I walk in, I see three boxes neatly wrapped with expensive rapping and bows and remember Taylor said she left presents. 

The first box is full of poetry books, and composition books. Every writers dream basically. The second box is tiny and has a little glass bottle on its side. It has sand in it and a whale from the water. It's pretty and I set it on my shelf. Reading her note as I put my bags in my room. 

Hey, Lucile. 

I hope you don't mind that I snuck in. 

The first present is to help you on writing your second album, which in my opinion is the hardest one to write. 

The second is just something I found, it reminded me from that day at the beach. 

The third gift is something to go with my new album, it's a typewriter. Read what I have written on it already. 

Taylor Swift.

I laugh at the way she signs her full name. Then open the third box which as she said has a beautiful typewriter in it. There's a piece of paper already propped up on the sleek device. It has the words. "Will you be my opener on tour?". 

My eyebrows shoot up. Touring with Taylor is basically a seat as a top tier celebrity. She has like magic powers. It would help my career tremendously. But that also means I have to be with her every day. In the most romantic cities. Singing love songs. 

What could go wrong?