CH-16: Truth Pt.2

3rd Person's POV:

"I met him in our first year of college." Chanmi started. Currently, all of them sat in a circle together, the boys still having their girly make-up on. "He was in the Law Department, and I was in Literature one. I dreamt of becoming an author and write books. He used to visit a friend of his, who was in our division. I really can't remember from exactly when, but he started to talk with me as well. He was really friendly and all at the start, but then it all started to go downhill.

One day he confessed, but I rejected him, and he promised that he will continue to remain my friend and also said he will be there for me all the time. Wish I understood his words earlier. He started to send me flowers every day at my locker and a message with it as well. He would tell me to stay away from the other boys as college as well and also tried to manipulate me many times."

"Didn't I told you to stay away from Wonho?" Juwon put his hands on his hips. "But we are paired together for a project, I of course need to talk to him." Chanmi said and crossed her arms. "You can talk, but why are both of you texting and sitting so close to each other?" He said, Chanmi looked at him with a frown. "Why? What is wrong with that? He is just a friend! I don't see it in a wrong way." She said, but he just clenched his teeth. "What if he has feelings for you?" He raised an eyebrow. "So what? That's not a big problem as well." Chanmi said. "And Juwon you literally confessed to me two months ago, still, see? We are friends too. Stop overreacting over these things."

"He was jealous of my classmate, who was paired with me for a project. He was a nice guy and we even talked and hung out even after the project. Juwon always told me to be away from him and warned that things might go in a wrong if I don't stop. I ignored him, and that was a mistake, because from there, everything changed."

Chanmi dialed Wonho, but he didn't pick up her call. "What happened to him?" She wondered. He told her to wait for him at the outside of the college but didn't show up and also wasn't picking up his call. Suddenly someone tapped her. "Chanmi? What are you doing here?" A friend of Wonho asked the girl. "Oh, I'm waiting for Wonho. Do you know where he might be?" She asked and he frowned. "Didn't you call him to the basketball court?" Chanmi frowned. "I? No." She denied. "He said you told him to go there so he went there, looking for you." She nodded at him. "Okay, I'll go and check." He nodded back at her and Chanmi went to the court, looking for the said boy.

When she stood in front of the door of the courtroom, she heard a muffled scream and her eyes widened. Without any prior warning, she opened the door, only for her eyes to widen in horror. "Wonho? J-Juwon?" She saw Wonho on the floor, all bloodied and Juwon was beating him up mercilessly. "You were going to confess? Huh? Confess?" He didn't stop.

Chanmi jumped in between and stopped him. "Stop Juwon!" She screamed and closed her eyes when he raised the stick and almost hit her. "Chanmi? What are you doing here? You would get hurt!" He shouted at the girl and threw the baseball bat to the side and held her by the shoulder. "What the heck are you even doing?" She yelled. "He could die-"

"THEN LET HIM!" He screamed and Chanmi froze. "He wanted to fucking confess to you! I warned you about him! I told you he likes you! But you didn't even listen! Look! He was going to snatch you away from me!" He yelled. Chanmi pushed him. "I am not your property! I told you to stay away from my personal matters! Didn't I?" She glared.

What he did next caught her off guard. He harshly held her jaw and yanked her close to him. "You are mine. The moment I laid my eyes on you and the moment I started to like you, you became mine and no one can take you from me. Not even him! Get that inside your mind." He tapped on her temple. "Understood?" She glared with teary eyes, and he finally let her go with force, making her stumble and fall to the ground.

"You are a fucking psychopath!" She yelled. Juwon smirked and tilted his head. "Yes, I am. Didn't you realize that before?" He squatted to match her height. "Remember, you are mine, darling." He put a strand of hair behind her ears. Chanmi tried to back away, but he only held her chin harshly. "Do things like these again and there will be worse." He glared and walked away. Chanmi sniffed and looked at Wonho, who was laying there unconscious.

"I told everything to Unnie, and we both decided to report him to the police. We went there and were waiting for our turn then suddenly he popped up out of nowhere and dropped the bomb." Chanmi said. "What bomb?" Changbin asked. Chanmi sighed.

"Don't worry, everything will be alright." Jangmi rubbed Chanmi's back comfortingly. "What happened?" The two girls suddenly jumped when they heard the voice from behind. "Here to complain against me?" Juwon asked Chanmi with a smile and the girl shook her head. "Then, I wonder what you are doing here in my father's department?" He asked with a smirk. "Your father's?" Jangmi asked with wide eyes. "Oh, you must be Jangmi, her best friend. Nice to meet you. I am Lim Juwon, her potential boyfriend." He smiled at the girl. "And yes, my father is the commissioner of the Seoul Police Department."

"Shit." Felix mumbled. "But when did you started all of this blind drama?" Aera asked. "The remaining freshmen year was a mess. I had to stop interacting with everyone, because Juwon even had a problem with girls and all of my friends as well. It all became too much when he changed his division in the middle of the year to literature, just to keep an eye on me. It became too suffocating. All I was allowed to talk to was Jangmi and our professors, that too only during class. At those times, I developed anxiety due to all the pressure. But one day, everything changed."

"I honestly love this feeling." Chanmi said while carrying the bag of grocery. Jangmi smiled. "It feels good to feel fresh air, right?" Chanmi nodded. "Please Unnie, from now on, whenever you go out for shopping, invite me too. At least I will get a chance away from Juwon." Jangmi looked at Chanmi with sad eyes. "I wish I could just vanish him." She said, making Chanmi chuckle. "Me too." The two girls sat inside their car and started to drive. Suddenly a car passed them and then it all went so quick to even realized what happened. All Chanmi could remember was that there were loud alarms and crashing sound before her vision went black.

Chanmi opened her eyes and saw bright lights, almost blinding her. "Chanmi? Hey?" She heard a familiar voice and saw her very close friend, Chankyu sitting there. He sighed. "Thank god you are fine. Hey, can you see me?" He asked and took out a pen and instructed her to look at the tip of it. "Why are you doing this?" She asked. "Wait where is Jangmi?" She asked.

"Jangmi is fine. She woke up about half an hour ago." He spoke. "But why did you do that?" Chanmi asked. "Oh, when we did a scanning for any internal injury, I realized that there is a potential injury in a specific part of your brain which might affect your vision, but you can see and that's a relief." He smiled and suddenly something went off in her brain. "Vision loss?" He nodded. "Glad you are good."

Chanmi started to think and plan. "What if..." She started. "I lost my vision in this accident?" Chankyu frowned. "But you didn't?" "And then I don't even have to go to college, right?" She said, but Chankyu shook his head. "No kiddo. You should not skip college. It's a bad thing." He tried to say, but she wasn't the one to listen. She suddenly smiled, "I could potentially stay away from him for a bit, right?"

"I know it was not a very brilliant plan, but trust me, it works to an extent. He doesn't know that I am doing online classes and only visits me when he is free from classes." She said and sighed. It was a deep silence until Changbin broke it. He took one of her hands in his.

"Let's make him not visit you anymore and also let's get you back to Uni."