15

"What's wrong!?" You asked into the empty air as you and Soobin ran inside your mom's house.

"We need to take her to the hospital. Quick!" Soobin added as he quickly came into action by picking up Ho Yeon and took her into the car. You and your mom followed.

"Mom, don't cry. She's gonna be fine." You consoled your mom as she was very scared, but so were you.

--

You reached the hospital and quickly rushed Ho Yeon inside. As she lied on the strecher, a doctor quickly checked her heartbeat with a stethoscope and took her inside for furthur checkups. 

You mom was still very afraid and worried, not being able to stand still or stop crying.

"Mom, please calm down." You said as you leaded her to the bench and made her sit down. All the while, Soobin just followed you quietly in his cap and all the stuff he uses to hide his face.

Soobin left for someplace without telling you and returned after a minutes with a cup of water. Smart move for sure. He handed it over to your mom and your mom drunk it and it actually worked well. You smiled and gave him a thanking nod.

"Mom, what happened back there?" You asked as she gulped down all the water.

"I don't know! She was watching TV and suddenly, she complained about abdominal pain and then started throwing up until she fell unconscious. I was so afraid [Your Name]-ah, I was..." You mother started crying again and you embraced her.

"Its alright mom. She'll be fine." You continued comforting her and Soobin, standing behind, gave you a you're-doing-good nod.

After a few minutes, the doctor arrived and all three of you rushed to her to get an update on Ho Yoen's condition.

"Is she fine doctor?" You asked.

"Yes, she is fine now." The doctor begun and all three of you sighed in relied in unison.

"Does Ho Yeon eat too less?" The doctor asked, grabbing your attention and you quickly remembered that she always eats less and now you realise that it was actually not her little appetite, but an underlying issue.

"Yes, she eats too less." You offered.

"That's it. She actually has a peptic ulcer disease." The doctor continued making all three of you confused as to what the hell it actually is.

"What's that?" Your mom asked.

"Its an ulcer which leads to abdominal pain and loss of appetite." The doctor explained making all three of you worried now.

"So, what are we gonna do now?" You asked, concerned.

"Don't worry! She'll be fine with medications and lifestyle changes." Her final words calmed your soul and you finally sighed in relief.

"Thankyou doctor." You said and she left while all three of you headed inside to meet Ho Yeon.

--

"Yeon-ah! Are you fine my baby?" Your mom asked as soon as she saw her.

"Yes." She replied, her voice weak.

"Thank god. You scared your grandma." She told crying as he hugged Ho Yeon.

"I'm so glad you're fine Yeon-ah!" You added as you gently patted her head.

"Please let her sleep, she needs rest." The nurse told you to head out and so you did.

--

"I'm happy that she's fine." Your mom said as you walked out of the hospital. All this while, she was so worried that she didn't notice Soobin.

"Oh and thanmyou so much sir. You really helped us a lot." She said as she smiled warmly at him.

"Please don't say that eommonim." Soobin replied and you gave him a side eye about the eommonim which he laughed off and your mom didn't notice it either.

"What is your name?" She asked.

"Choi Soobin." He replied but she definitley didn't know him and treated his name just like any other.

"Alright. Are you my [Your Name]'s friend?" She asked and he nodded in approval.

"Why are you hiding your face by the way?" She asked and you started feeling scared now.

"I have many pimples." He replied cheekily and you laughed at his humor quietly.

"Oh don't worry. I'll give you a remedy." She offered.

"Thankyou!" He replied with a smile.