16

You excused yourself from your mom and Soobin and went to a quieter area to be with yourself. It really has been a rough day but that isn't in your concern. Back there, you controlled yourslef but you couldn't anymore.

You felt utterly guilty about Ho Yeon. She's with you since 2 years and you always had her complaining about food but you always turned a blind eye to it. Only if you would've been observant, Ho Yeon wouldn't have to end up in a hospital like this.

Tears started rolling down your cheeks as you kept blaming yourself and regretting all the ways you could've helped Ho Yeon but you didn't, because you were careless and ignorant.

"It was a tough day right?" Soobin's voice broke the silence around you and you quickly wiped your tears to look normal.

"Yea!" You nodded, unable to look him in the eye.

"Its cold." He said draping his coat on your shoulders.

"You don't need to do that." You said.

"Its not your fault." He begun, addressing the issue head-on.

"What?" You aksed, trying to seem normal. 

"I saw you crying." He added and you fumbled for words.

"I-" You stuttered.

"Its alright. Everyone makes mistakes." He said, patting your shoulder.

"But mine put her in the hospital." You added, your voicing rising slightly.

"I know. But its still alright as long as Ho Yoen recovers and you reflect on your mistakes." His words moved you deeply, and tears brimmed in your eyes. You began to cry, and he took you in his arms, patting your back and comforting you as you continued to sob.

You were thankful that you had him with you.

--

The next morning, Ho Yeon was stable, and you took her home. The doctor recommended a long vacation for her to rest and gradually change her lifestyle. Soobin left, too.

Your mom insisted on taking care of Ho Yeon, so you agreed and returned home.

--

You called in for a day-off since you were too tired. You staright away crashed on your bed and fell asleep.

You had just slept in for a few minutes when you recieved a call from Yoo Jin.

"[Your Name]-ah!" He said, his voice sounding alarmed but you failed to catch it because you were sleepy.

"What is it?" You asked in your sleepy voice.

"Turn off the TV bitch, you're popular!" He said and you quickly got up from your bed. You rushed to your living room and switched on the TV. Since you always watch news, naturally, news was the first thing to land up on the screem.

It showed a clip where you and Soobin were clearly being filmed hugging. It was from last night when you were crying, and he was comforting you.

Although Soobin's face wasn't visible, it was later on captured after trailing. Apparently, some eagle-eyed fan recognised him and trailed all of you and even shooted you and now, its a breaking news.

"What the hell Yoo Jin-ah!?" You shouted in the phone.

"Don't shout [Your Name]-ah! Just stay inside." He advised, and you were now utterly freaked out.

"I gotta go. I'll call you later." He said and hung up the call while you lied on your floor in disbelief.

You quickly called Soobin but he didn't pick up. You called him again bit he didn't pick up again. You kept calling him, tears brimming into your eyes.

You texted him, sent him voice mails and kept calling until fortunately, he answered. But, that wasn;t him.

"Soobin-ah! Soobin-ah! The news," You begun but the unfamiliar voice interrupted you.

"I am Soobin's manager. You are instructed to never contact again." The man spoke in a cold and ruthless voice.

"But, the news?" You added in disbelief.

"Soobin made a mistake and now we have to repent. You better stay away like you never existed in the first place." The voice continued, making you furious.

"But-" The call hung up. You tried calling but you had been blocked already.

What the hell!