𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟺𝟶

"𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞, 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐫 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐢𝐦."

𝙹𝚄𝙽𝙶𝙺𝙾𝙾𝙺 𝙿𝙾𝚅.

𝘞𝘩𝘺 𝘩𝘢𝘴𝘯'𝘵 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘺𝘦𝘵? 𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘥𝘪𝘥 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘨𝘰? 𝘋𝘪𝘥 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘢𝘭𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘺? 𝘐𝘧 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘪𝘥, 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘺 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘐 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘺 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵? 𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵'𝘴 𝘸𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘮𝘦? I kept pacing back and forth in the garden, unable to clear my mind.

Earlier when I was returning from the lakeside I saw her all dressed up, asking Grandpa Cha for his car keys. And then she just left, taking his car. I've been wondering since then where did she go? And why was she all dolled up? Was she going on a date?

𝘕𝘰, 𝘯𝘰, 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵'𝘴 𝘳𝘪𝘥𝘪𝘤𝘶𝘭𝘰𝘶𝘴. 𝘞𝘩𝘰 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘨𝘰 𝘰𝘯 𝘢 𝘥𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘩𝘦𝘳? I quickly brushed off the thought but it left a bitter taste in my mouth. I didn't want to think about it anymore. Being frustrated, I headed inside to get a glass of water.

As I stood by the kitchen window, sipping the water, I noticed the car returning to the garage. My heart raced as I hurriedly gulped down the rest of the water, barely avoiding choking on it. I rushed outside, determined to confront her and find out where she went.

She was busy taking something out of the back seat when she turned and noticed me standing there. Her eyes widened in surprise but she quickly masked it with a scoff. Rolling her eyes, she tried to walk past me, but I stepped in front of her, blocking her way. I wasn't going to let her slip away that easily.

Her expression turned from surprise to irritation as she took a deep breath, clearly trying to keep herself calm. "What now, Jungkook?" she snapped, her voice full of bitterness. It was as if she was ready for a fight. She stared directly into my eyes, her gaze cold and sharp, filled with anger and something else hatred, maybe.

Does she really hate me that much? The thought should make me happy, but instead, it left a strange, heavy feeling in my chest. 𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵'𝘴 𝘸𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘮𝘦? I shook off the thought and crossed my arms.

"Where did you go all dressed up like that?" I asked, my voice laced with irritation. I didn't like how calm she looked. "A date?" I added, letting the word hang in the air.

She looked confused for a moment, like she didn't expect that question. But when I mentioned the word "date" she scoffed and raised an eyebrow as if daring me to continue what I wanted to say.

"Yes.m I went on a date" she finally said, her voice steady and calm almost too calm. Her words made something inside me snap, but I forced myself to not loose my cool. I clenched my jaw trying to bury the odd feeling rising in my chest. 𝘞𝘩𝘺 𝘥𝘰𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘣𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘮𝘦 𝘴𝘰 𝘮𝘶𝘤𝘩?

I let out a bitter laugh, refusing to believe her. "Why are you lying? Where did you really go?" I pushed again not buying her answer. "And if you did go on a date. I pity the guy who likes you."

"Love" she corrected me her eyes locking with mine her voice soft yet firm.

"What?" I blurted out confused by what she just said.

"You don't have to pity the guy who loves me" she said calmly as if she was stating a simple truth.

I couldn't help but burst out laughing. The idea seemed so absurd. "Love? You?" I scoffed, leaning in closer and flicking her forehead lightly with my finger. "What a joke."