10. The Sorting Hat

🐈‍⬛️.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·. 🏰 .·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.🧙‍♂️

(you can play this music to set you in the mood of the great hall <3)

I woke up from a long nap, feeling a mixture of excitement and nervousness. After dressing in my wizarding black uniform, I waited anxiously for Professor McGonagall's arrival. Moments later, there was a soft knock on the door and Professor McGonagall entered. "Good evening, Mr. Marinos," she greeted me briskly. "Are you ready for the Sorting Ceremony?"

"Yes, Professor" I replied, trying to sound more confident than I felt.

"Very well. Follow me" she instructed, leading me through the quiet corridors of Hogwarts. We descended a staircase and passed through several hallways until we reached the entry courtyard, where other new students were already gathering with their respective escorts.

"Welcome to Hogwarts. I am Professor McGonagall and tonight, you will be sorted into one of four houses, each with its own unique qualities. They are Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw and Salazar Slytherin. Each house has a rich history and values different traits: bravery, loyalty, wit and ambition. The sorting hat ceremony starts now, follow me."

She gestured for us to follow as she led us towards a massive set of golden doors at the end of the courtyard. With a wave of her wand, the doors swung open, revealing a Great Hall... a sight more majestic than I could have imagined. The hall was enormous, with long tables stretching down its length, each adorned with students dressed in robes similar to mine. Above us, the ceiling was enchanted to resemble a starry night just like Dumbledore described it, complete with twinkling candles that illuminated the hall in a warm magical glow.

 Above us, the ceiling was enchanted to resemble a starry night just like Dumbledore described it, complete with twinkling candles that illuminated the hall in a warm magical glow

At the head of the hall, I could see Headmaster Dippet seated at the center of a long table where other distinguished figures sat, including Dumbledore and Professor Newt.

"When I call your name, you will come forth... I shall place the sorting hat in your head and you will be sorted in your houses" Professor McGonagall instructed us, her voice echoing through the hall.

"Andrea Weasley!"

A girl with curly ginger hair stepped forward nervously. She approached the Sorting Hat and sat on the stool. The hat barely touched her head before it shouted, "Another Weasley... GRYNFFONDOR!" The Gryffondor table erupted in cheers, welcoming their new member with enthusiastic applause.

"Thomas Bellamy!" called Professor McGonagall.

A tall boy with glasses walked up to the professor. The Sorting Hat took a bit longer with him but eventually, it declared, "I see loyalty and bravery... Where should I put you? It shall be... Hufflepuff!" The Hufflepuff table responded with loud cheers and claps.