Bumlets︽︾

-Special Nobody-

February. One of the most romantic months, especially around Valentine's day. The flowers, the different shades of red and pink. White and red roses littering small shops around the blocks. Warm lights turned on as the night started to approach. Each bench on the street illuminated romantically.

But on one bench, a boy. Alone. The night before valentines day. His body shaking as he cried softly. His fcae buried in his hands. Tears staining the ground as they dropped. Slight gasps for breath between silent sobs. Why was he crying? Well he just saw the girl of his dreams kiss another boy.

They weren't dating but it broke his heart. The flowers he once had were discarded on the ground. The chocolates melting on the tile floor of the restaurant. The oh-so sweet card on the floor, stepped on by various costumers, slowly getting torn. Just like his heart.

He was lonely. Lonely on another Valentine's day. Maybe he would find that person. The person for him. He still had a whole life. But he couldn't get over her. She was beautiful, perfect. From her personality to her looks. Absolutely drop dead gorgeous. He couldn't help but mourn what he couldn't get.

Not to mention he lost her to a boy he looked up to. The boy he wanted to be like. It didn't help that the boy was 10x better looking then him. What was he thinking in the first place? A girl like her would jump at a chance to be with him? No way. She was way out of his league.

Flashback

Bumlets was at the shop, finding the perfect bouquet. Inspecting each one carefully. They shouldn't have flaws. Not any old flowers would be good enough. Sure he was a poor newsie but he really wanted to win this girl over. He was down bad.

His eyes scanned and scanned until he came across some gorgeous looking flowers. Vibrant and healthy. Great! He found the perfect flowers! Her favorite color too! Red. He grinned to himself and bought them. Surprisingly they weren't too expensive.

Next. Chocolates.

"I think she mentioned liking dark chocolate.." He muttered to himself, putting a hand on his chin and gently scratching it. He pulled some dark chocolate off of the top shelf. It was in a cute Red heart shaped box. This was perfect! He wouldn't bother finding a card. He'll make one instead. Maybe the boys will help him, he didn't have much of an education and didn't really know how to write.

Seconds, minutes, hours went by. Trying to write the perfect note. Trying to get his handwriting neat, correct grammar, spelling correct. Cute little doodles all over the card. Heart's mostly. On the cover theres two little stick people, hugging.

He was proud and showed it to the other boys who were teasing him for being a lovesick puppy. They weren't exactly wrong. Every time he even thought of her or heard her name he got butterflies. He was so in love. He just hoped the feeling was mutual.

The next day, the day before Valentine's. He was nervous. The boys helped him pick out a nice presentable outfit that was a bit better than his regular newsie clothes. He also slicked back his hair, one strand refused to go back so he let it be.

He took one last good look in the mirror and looked proud. He grabbed the Flowers, Chocolate, and Card. And set off. Geez. This was gonna be tough. He was going to do this! He got this! He was sure she liked him back!.... Right?... oh lord everything could go wrong!

He shook his head to get rid of those thoughts. A few more strands of hair falling down onto his face. He had this. No overthinking! Just doing.

He walked the streets to the place he saw her most. The restaurant Tilly's. He marched proudly into the restaurant. Just to see her with another boy. Nonetheless the one he looked up to. They were kissing. Over some food. They were really into it.

His mouth parted slightly, his eyes widened. Why were you with him..? Had he been too late. Either way his heart was broken. Shattered. More broken than that vase in the lodging house he accidentally broke when he was younger.

He felt his cheeks getting wet and he brought up his hand to wipe them. Tears. They were flowing out shamelessly. Just staring at the two. When they parted he dropped the flowers, chocolate and card. He stumbled back slightly then started to run away. The sun had started to set and the day he started so confidently, turned into a horrible night.

Was it him..?

He was on the bench illuminated by the street lamp. The once romantic day turned into a day of mourning. Filled with hatred and sorrow. Why would Jack do that to him? Did he not know..? Or did Jack originally love her first..? He was still sobbing though. Trying to convince himself he saw incorrectly. But he knows he didn't. In fact, he cant shake the imagine of them kissing out of his mind.

He sobbed silently into his palms. Tears hitting the hard concrete beneath his feet. He wanted to scream, shout, punch, hit, kick. Anything! But nothing would bring him back the love he once found for you. The love he thought he'd never have for someone.

He heard soft footsteps approaching and he attempted to wipe his tears and try to straighten himself. It was a hit to his pride if anyone saw him like this. He was supposed to be a man. Not a boy.

"Bumlets..?" A soft female voice spoke to him. He immediately knew who it was. How could it be anyone else. She wasn't exactly the person he wanted to see right now.

"Whats up, Y/N." His voice cracked as he spoke as he attempted to act cool, calm, and collected.

"Im sorry.. Jack led me on.. I- I found your card.." She spoke with the same soft tone. She clearly felt hurt too.

"Don't bother reading it." He dismissed, waving his hand slightly. Refusing to look at her and kept looking down as she sat next to him. "I already have.." She hummed.

Thats when he felt a soft sensation on his cheek. The butterflies returned. She just kissed him? On the cheek? He wanted to squeal with excitement. His face was flushed and flustered.

"I know its a bit late, but uh.. wanna be my valentine?" She smiled softly, holding up the chocolates and roses he dropped.

Maybe he still has that love.

_______________
1112 words

A/N - OMG! Another down look at me go! I do not have any other ideas unfortunately so please leave requests so I can hopefully write them! Love ya all!