ELEVEN - RYTH

IT ALL FELT like a bad dream when I woke up the next morning. My head was full and throbbing, my eyes grainy and raw, reminding me that what had happened last night was real.

My mom and Creed were getting married, and she wanted me to be her bridesmaid... But that wasn't the only thing my mind had trouble understanding. The memory of what Tobias had done to me rose like a storm, destructive and dangerous. I closed my eyes, my pulse triggered by the memory of his hand on my thigh, pulling my legs open.

God, his fingers... Were inside me. I slid my hand under the sheets and reached down. I was already wet... wet at the thought of him. Those dark, broody eyes, that pouty fucking mouth. You want me to drive you, Ryth? I'll drive you...on the end of my cock.

Oh...God. I slid my finger inside, then around my clit, dancing on that slick flesh. "Ryth, honey," Mom called from the other side of the door, tearing me from the moment. "Yeah?" I kept my eyes closed, my finger still sliding in.

"You going to school today?" I wrenched my eyes open as reality hit hard. Tobias...and Nick... Nick, who I'd thought was a friend. But he was no friend, he was just as dangerous as his brother. "No. I'm not going."

"Ah...honey, you might want to tell Nick that. He's downstairs waiting to drive you." Heat tore through me in an instant. I shoved upwards and scrambled from the bed. "He's what?" "He's waiting to drive you to school, honey," mom murmured. "He's been incredibly nice." My insides clenched, that need pulsing between my thighs. He can't possibly...I stumbled over to the window and peered out. He was leaning against the Mustang, his muscled arms were crossed over his chest, bare from his cut-off sleeves.

As though he knew I was watching, he slowly lifted his gaze to my window. Those intense dark eyes daring me... No. This can't be happening. There's no way I can go down there, no way I can get in his car and pretend like last night never happened. No. Fucking. Way.

"I don't think it's a good idea for you to miss school on your second day. Besides, you said you had a friend now, didn't you?" Gio... His face pushed to the surface. He'd be waiting...standing outside the classroom.

I unleashed a moan and closed my eyes. "Good girl, honey." Mom's voice drifted through the door. "I'll let Nick know you're on your way down." I swallowed hard, listening to her steps fade from outside my door. I didn't understand this world, this battleground I found myself in. I didn't understand it at all. But I had to...because this was now my life. A life living here, with the three of them. My new stepbrothers.

I made my way to my dresser. My fingers brushed the white formal shirt Duke's insisted you wear before tossing it onto the bed. My underwear was next, then my knee-length navy-blue skirt. Of all the schools to send me to, they chose the one that had a damn uniform. I grabbed my things and hurried for the bathroom, casting a glare toward Tobias' room as I went.

I hurried, locking the door behind me. I had to be smarter now, Had to be more careful around them. I closed my eyes, swaying with the memory of Nick's ravenous stare as he'd watched Tobias do that to me last night. Then I opened my eyes, undressed, and raced for the shower. By the time

I was done and dressed, Nick was scowling. I strode out, clutching my laptop to my chest like a barrier. "You want to make me wait, Ryth?" Nick cast me a pissed off look as he shoved off the car and strode to the driver's door, motioning with his head.

"Get in and don't be an idiot, your mom's watching." I glanced over my shoulder to where my mom stood in the open doorway. She gave me a careful smile and a wave of her hand, standing there still dressed in her black negligee and matching satin gown.

I waved back, my anger prickly and hot against my cheeks, before making my way around the car and climbing in. Nick reached forward and started the engine. I wanted to snap at him, wanted to unleash the tirade that shrieked in my head as I pressed myself as hard as I could against the door. But he never said a word, just threw the Mustang in reverse, gripped the back of my seat, and punched the accelerator.