Chapter One: The Engagement of Prince Christian of Wales

CLARENCE HOUSE
LONDON SW1A 1BA

20th April 2012

HIS ROYAL HIGHNESS PRINCE CHRISTIAN OF WALES
AND MISS MADISON NOLAN
ARE ENGAGED TO BE MARRIED

The Prince of Wales is delighted to announce the engagement of Prince Christian to Miss Madison Nolan.

The wedding will take place in the summer or autumn of 2013, in London. Further details about the wedding day will be announced in due course.

Prince Christian and Miss Nolan became engaged in March during a private holiday in Venice, Italy, to celebrate the couple's ten year anniversary. Prince Christian had informed the Queen and other close members of his family. Prince Christian has also sought the permission of Miss Nolan's father.

Following the marriage, the couple will live in North Wales, where Prince Christian will continue to serve with the Royal Air Force.

———

theguardian.com/uk

BREAKING NEW! Prince Christian and Madison Nolan engagement announced

The Clarence House statement reveals the engagement of the third in line to the throne and his long-term girlfriend.

Makayla Jones and Joseph Michael

Fri 20 April 2012 14:33 GMT

Today Clarence House has just announced the engagement of Prince Christian and his longtime girlfriend of ten years, Miss Madison Nolan.

Prince Christian of Wales, who is the second son of Prince Charles, Prince of Wales, and the late Diana, Princess of Wales, is third in line to the throne and the middle brother of Prince William and Prince Harry.

Clarence House has released a statement that reads: "The Prince of Wales is delighted to announce the engagement of Prince Christian to Miss Madison Nolan." The wedding will take place in the summer or autumn of 2013. The location of the wedding has not yet been announced.

The news of another up-and-coming royal wedding has all of us falling into joy, as we can't wait to get to know Madison Nolan more in the lead-up to her wedding. Madison has often been spotted with the Wales' brothers and one of her best friends, Catherine Middleton, who is also married to Prince William, which is initially how the two ladies met.

The young couple met while they were both attending the University of St. Andrews in 2001. Nolan initially caught Prince Christian's eye when she had her first volleyball game, where she joined the University of St Andrews Volleyball Club (Saints Volleyball). Friends of the young couple will always remember the first time Christian and Madison met, they always quote the moment as "love at first sight." They slowly got to know each other before officially dating a year after they met.

Christian and Madison kept their relationship very private until November 2002, when the couple were pictured together on a private evening stroll in Windsor Great Park. After they were spotted together, the British media started following Madison everywhere she went, and her pictures always made it into the media. Christian released a statement through Clarence House asking the British media to respect Madison and her family's privacy, which helped tone down the media attention Madison attracted.

They moved into a flat together in London after graduating from St Andrews in 2005, and they have lived there since until they moved closer to Camberley, in Surrey, where Christian attended RMA Sandhurst in 2006 with his twin brother.

The couple was also spotted together on many other occasions. They were spotted together at Christian's cousin's Peter Phillips wedding in 2008 and also at the wedding of her future father-in-law, Prince Charles the Prince of Wales' wedding to Camilla the Duchess of Cornwall in 2005. The first time Madison met Queen Elizabeth II was at the couple's graduation in 2005, and slowly over the years they have had a close bond.

Since her graduation from St. Andrews in 2005, Madison has started volunteering at a lot of charities and non-profit organizations, such as "Action for Children," as she has always taken an interest in children and their development. She also works as a receptionist at the Four Seasons Hotel London at Park Lane up until her engagement to Prince Christian, as it is a tradition that she has to follow now, and she has also started her princess lessons at the palace, where Her Majesty the Queen has been helping her.

Madison Nolan is the daughter of John and Celeste Nolan, who are two detective constables. Madison is the oldest child and only daughter in the family; she has two younger brothers, Marcus Nolan, 26, and Liam Nolan, 24. John and Celeste raised their three children in Newnham, Cambridge.

Clarence House confirmed that Christian took his now fiancé, then girlfriend, Madison Nolan, on vacation to Venice, Italy, in March of this year, where they celebrated their ten year anniversary together, to which Madison said yes. He proposed with a beautiful Welsh white gold engagement ring with diamonds from his mother, Diana, Princess of Wales, personal collection.

Congratulations to Prince Christian of Wales and Miss Madison Nolan on their engagement. And we cannot wait to follow the lead-up to their royal wedding.