Chapter Twelve: The Birth of Prince George of Cambridge

royal.uk

Published 22 July 2013

FOLLOWING STATEMENT IS ISSUED BY PRESS SECERTARY TO THE QUEEN

Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge has been admitted to St. Mary's Hospital, Paddington, London in the early stages of labour.

The Duchess travelled by car from Kensington Palace to the Lindo Wing at St Mary's Hospital with The Duke of Cambridge.

- - -

Christian was currently sitting in one of the spare offices in Clarence House, going over his schedule for the week preparing for all the public engagements he had that were spread out throughout the week.

He had been working for about two almost three hours now, before he knew it, it was time to head out for his first public engagement of the day.

Just as he was heading out the door his phone started to ring and he went to answer, seeing that it was his older brother, William.

"Wills? Is everything alright?" Christian stated, as he answered the phone.

"Chris I don't know if you've seen the news but Kate's going into labour." William explained, over the phone.

Christian stood there in shock. He was quite busy so he hasn't had time to see the news. He couldn't believe that his older brother and sister in law were about to become parents.

At some stage, the couple would finally get to meet their newborn child. Christian was so excited when he learned he was about to be an uncle and now he was finally getting ready to meet the new addition to the family.

The gender of their baby was unknown, but if Catherine was to give birth to a daughter, she was going to make history as she would be the first female child in line to the throne that wouldn't be displaced from the succession by a younger brother when it came to the throne.

"What! No way. How do you feel, Wills?" Christian asked, he knew how his brother must be feeling. William would be feeling excited that he was finally going to meet his baby but he knew he must be feeling just as nervous and scared as well.

"I feel excited, nervous, anxious, pretty much every emotion to feel at this stage." William admitted.

"And how's Kate doing?" Christian asked, concerned for his sister-in-law, especially with how the beginning stages of her pregnancy were for her.

"She's doing good as can be right now." William informed him.

"Well congratulations you two, I can't wait to meet our newest addition. I'm so proud of you Wills." Christian stated.

He was so proud of his older brother. He couldn't believe that William was about to meet his newborn baby any minute now. He couldn't wait for the day where he and Madison were blessed with children.

Christian has always wanted to be a father, he dreamed of the days where he could spend time with his children at Sandringham for Christmas, take them to school, attend sporting events for his children if they were into sports, he was just excited to be present in their lives just like his parents were.

The three Wales brothers had different childhoods compared to other children their age growing up, his parents were the Prince and Princess of Wales, his father was going to be the future King of the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth realms one day and his mother was an exceptional and inspirational woman in her own right.

Despite their parents being who they are, they were still hands-on parents. Even after their parent's divorce, Charles and Diana always made sure to put their boys before anything and anyone else.