Chapter Two: Photocall for Prince Christian & Madison Nolan's Engagement

April 20th, 2012 - St James's Palace | Engagement Photocall & Interview

"Are you almost ready, Mads?" Christian asks while entering the room where Madison is getting ready.

Today the couple's engagement was announced early this morning, and now it was time for the photocall and engagement interview, and it was all being held in St. James's Palace, just like where William and Catherine's engagement announcement had been held in 2010.

Madison nods as she straightens out her dress and quickly fixes her hair and makeup. "Just about ready. Are you ready?" Madison asks her fiancé.

"Love, it took me all of five, almost ten minutes, to get ready. I've just been waiting for you." Christian says, before letting out a chuckle.

"Okay... well." Madison tries to think of a comeback to give to Christian, but she can't really think of anything. "You know what? One, I'm ready now, and two, you're a male; of course, it takes you five to ten minutes to get ready." Madison says as she turns around and makes her way towards Christian so they can head to the drawing room where the photocall is being held.

Christian and Madison make their way to the drawing room, where the photocall will be held. On their way there, Christian's private secretary, whom he shares with his two brothers, Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton, bumps into the couple.

"Oh, Your Royal Highness, Miss Nolan I was just on my way to let you both know that it's time for the photocall." Jamie explains.

"We were just on our way there, Jamie," Christian smiles.

"Are there any questions you guys have before we start the photocall?" Jamie looks at the couple.

Both shake their heads. "No, thank you, Jamie. I think we're good to go." Madison answers.

Christian glances over to Madison just to check on how she's doing before they enter the drawing room, and he can see that she's a little distracted.

Christian gently pulls Madison's arm as they both come to a stop. "Hey, are you alright?" Christian asked, "Not thinking of backing out, are you?" He lets out a little nervous chuckle.

Madison lets out a little sigh and shakes her head. "No, silly, I'm not backing out. I'm just a little nervous, that's all. I never thought I'd be doing a photocall and an interview about my engagement. Let alone announce it to the world." Madison admits this to her fiancé.

Throughout the ten years Christian and Madison have been together, communication has always been something very important to the both of them. So they always made it possible for one another to communicate their feelings to each other.

"It's okay to be nervous, Mads. You wouldn't be a human being if you didn't get nervous from time to time. I know this is a lot to announce our engagement to the world, but I'm with you every step of the way." Christian said, while placing a gentle kiss on Madison's forehead, trying his best to comfort his nervous fiancée.

Madison let out a breath that she didn't realize she was holding. "Okay, I've got this. We've got this." Madison says to Christian before they continue making their way to the drawing room to start the photocall.

St James's Palace, drawing room | Photocall

Christian and Madison enter the red drawing room, with gold framing all around the room.

The second they walk through the entrance, snaps and flashes can be heard and seen from the few chosen photographers that have access to today's photocall.

Christian and Madison make their way to the center of the room, standing right in front of a nice big white fireplace, Madison linking her arm with Christian's. For a few seconds, all you can still see and hear are the snaps and flashes of cameras, capturing the moment the couple entered the room.