Chapter Five: Statement & News Article

royal.uk 

Published 21 July 2012

THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT IS ISSUED BY THE PRESS SECRETARY TO THE QUEEN

Their Royal Highnesses the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince Christian, and Prince Harry will greet the Olympic torch at Buckingham Palace as part of its journey through London for the 2012 Olympic Games. They will be joined by Miss Madison Nolan, fiancée of Prince Christian.

The royal party will receive the torch at the Palace on July 26, 2012, marking a significant moment in the build-up to the London 2012 Olympics.

This event will be Miss Nolan's first appearance alongside members of the Royal Family since her engagement to Prince Christian was announced earlier this year.

The presence of Their Royal Highnesses and Miss Nolan underscores the Royal Family's support for the Olympic Games and their commitment to welcoming the world to London for this historic sporting event.

———

theguardian.com/uk

Royal Fiancée to join the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince Christian and Prince Harry at Olympic torch greeting

Buckingham Palace statement reveals that Madison Nolan will be joining her fiancé, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry at the Olympic torch greeting for this year's London Olympics.

Sammy Gecsoyler

Sat 21 July 2012 13.23 BST

In an unexpected move, Buckingham Palace has announced that Miss Madison Nolan, fiancée of Prince Christian of Wales, will accompany senior members of the royal family for the greeting of the Olympic torch at the 2012 London Olympics. This marks Miss Nolan's first public appearance since her engagement to Prince Christian was announced in April.

The Palace statement reads: "Their Royal Highness the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince Christian, and Prince Harry will greet the Olympic torch at Buckingham Palace as part of its journey through London for the 2012 Olympic Games. They will be joined by Miss Madison Nolan, fiancée of Prince Christian."

While the royal family members are serving as official ambassadors for Team GB, Miss Nolan's role appears to be more informal. Royal watches speculate this invitation signals the family's approval of the match and their desire to integrate the future royal into public life.

The engagement between Prince Christian and Miss Nolan took the nation slightly by surprise earlier this year. The couple had managed to keep their relationship mostly private until their April announcement. Since then, royal enthusiasts have been eager for glimpses of the woman set to join Britain's most famous family.

Nolan, 29, is said to have her appearance at such a high-profile event alongside senior royals is sure to draw significant attention both at home and abroad.

Royal correspondent Annabella Cho comments, "This is a clever move by the Palace. It allows Miss Nolan to make her debut on the world stage in a controlled setting, surrounded by experienced royals. The Olympics are a celebration of unity and achievement – perfect themes for introducing the newest member of the royal family."

As the eyes of the world turn to London for the Games, they will undoubtedly be watching Miss Nolan as she takes her first steps into the royal spotlight. Her appearance alongside the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and the princes at this historic event marks the beginning of what promises to be a new and exciting chapter in the story of the British Monarchy.