Chapter Four: Lunch with The Queen

July 20th, 2012 - Clarence House

It's been three months since Christian and Madison's engagement was announced, and the amount of well wishes and excitement that the couple has received since the announcement was made has been nothing but positive.

Slowly, over the past three months, wedding planning has now begun. Christian and Madison had a little bit more freedom when planning their wedding, as Christian was third in line to the throne, so there wasn't so much pressure on them, unlike when it came to William and Kate's wedding in 2011. 

The Queen invited the couple to Buckingham Palace today to discuss wedding planning over lunch. The Queen also wanted to discuss something with the couple.

"Do I look okay?" Madison asked, straightening out her outfit that she had picked for lunch with the Queen today.

"You look lovely, Mads." A smile forms across Christian's face; he couldn't help but admire how beautiful Madison truly is.

The couple had only just found out about lunch with the Queen a few days ago. They didn't really have any information about what the lunch was mainly about; besides, the queen wanted to see how the wedding planning was going.

"We should probably get going soon, Mads. I don't want to keep Granny waiting." Christian calls out to Madison, as she is now in Christian's closet, where she has a few of her outfits.

"Coming!" Madison yells from the closet. Madison quickly made some last minute changes to her outfit before grabbing her purse, which matched her outfit. Once they were ready, the couple made their way towards the door.

The couple enters the black range rover that's taking them to the palace. The drive to Buckingham Palace is only a nine-minute drive from Clarence House, so it was a peaceful, quiet drive.

Buckingham Palace

After driving through the gates of Buckingham Palace, the couple entered the palace and are now walking through the halls of the palace.

"His Royal Highness, Prince Christian of Wales, and Miss Madison Nolan. Your Majesty." Edward announced while bowing to the Queen as they entered the drawing room, where the Queen was waiting.

Christian bowed and Madison curtsied to the queen before making their way over on her and pressing a kiss to her cheek.

"Thank you for coming, Christian and Madison." The Queen says, "Please, take a seat. Would anyone like some tea?"

"Please, Granny." Christian replies to the queen in regards to the tea. "I hope you have been well, ma'am." Madison asks.

"Yes, I have been well, thank you, Madison. The schedule is a bit jam-packed but besides that, I have been well." The Queen smiles.

A few minutes after having a cup of tea and catching up with one another, lunch was finally ready. The three of them made their way over to the table.

The three of them are enjoying their lunch in the peace and quietness of the drawing room, until the queen breaks the silence. "So how are the wedding preparations coming along?" the queen asks.

"We haven't really made any major progress, but as of right now, we are just discussing possible locations." Christian stated.

There are two possible locations where the couple is considering having their wedding. They were deciding between Westminster Abbey and St. Paul's Cathedral.

Personally, for Christian, both Westminster Abbey and St. Paul's Cathedral held many emotions for him. St. Paul's Cathedral is where the world saw his parents' fairytale wedding, which unfortunately ended fifteen years later.