001

March 25th, 2023

As soon as she arrived of the sleek black car, the air buzzed with suspense. The moment her stilettos stepped out of the vehicle, a volcano of camera flashes erupted. The paparazzi followed her every move like a bee, buzzing around her head, trying to get the best shot.

Elara Fleur usually tried to stay hidden from the paparazzi, for bees can sting. Although today she walked with effortless grace, each step showcasing her confidence and elegance. A slight smile appeared on her red-coated lips as she walked inside.

When the doors shut behind her, Elara began to relax her shoulders, releasing the air held in her chest. Her face softened as she walked over to her friends.

"El! Oh my god! Were you reading the comments on the live? People are going crazy!" Lucy wrapped her arms around her friend tightly into a warm, comforting embrace.

"Yeah, my phone is literally blowing up!" Elara gently separated herself from her friend, who has clearly already gotten at least a little tipsy. "Where is everyone else?"

Lucy turned her head and pointed over to a table in the back, filled with grinning faces and excited waves. Elara gave them a subtle smile as she walked over, pulling Lucy with her.

The bar wasn't very crowded, as it was very excusive, allowing access to the most successful people. And people they brought with them, of course. Her heels clicked on the marble floors as she basically skipped over to the cluster of familiar people.

Squeals and words of affirmation were shared between all of her friends. Sure, pretty much all of them knew she was announcing an album today, but they were still proud of the triumph of their friend.

"How about we save all of the compliments for tomorrow, and instead get absolutely wasted! It's been a long day." Elara faked a yawn. All she had done all day is sit in bed, thinking about the announcement. And then announce it on live, of course.

They all agreed with cheers and shouts of "YES!" and "I've been waiting all day for this!"

"Since I'm one of the best friends ever, I already got you started." A blonde gave her a wink and brought over a glass cup. Inside, was a beautifully crafted margarita, lined with a salted rim and a fresh lime.

Elara let out a shriek of happiness, grabbing the glass from her shorter friend with a beaming smile. "You are the best person on this entire earth, Sabrina." She sat down at the table next to her, taking a sip of the drink, feeling the fruity flavor go down her throat.

She quickly ran out of the drink. However it was quickly replaced with a line of shots on the table.

"I bet you can't do seven. Every other album, you've been able to take the number of the album." Lucy said , slightly smirking.

"Oh are you trying to get me to say no? Because you know I'll never turn down a bet." Elara sent Lucy a smirk and tied her hair up into a bun. Her publicist was going to kill her. By the time she left today, she would be hammered. But it's album announcement day, so it's worth it.

She was right of course, she did get hammered. She was also right about the fact that she could do seven shots. She actually did eight, just to exceed expectations.

The group was having what was supposed to be a conversation, but seemed more like a bunch of random words slurred into each other.

"Oh my god! Remember when you announced Ethereal and accidentally posted the track list too?" Elara laughed at the fond memory. "And the fans still don't know you wanted to surprise them with it! They still think it was on purpose!" Sabrina giggled and accidentally spilt her drink from shaking so much. She squealed and looked down at her dress, now stained with a pink tint.