Chapter 20: Everlasting Love

{One month after the Proposal} (This song is for wedding entrance.)

     The months leading up to the wedding were going to be a whirlwind of excitement, planning, and anticipation.  From the moment Ruth said yes, everything seemed to fall into place, but there was still so much to do.  With their wedding date set for the beginning of December, Ruth and Benji found themselves swept up in a flurry of preparations.  The planning that was happening began to become a bit overwhelming for the young couple, but everything they did continued to bring Ruth and Benji closer together.  As the end of October approached, the festive spirit of the approaching holidays seemed to mirror the joy and excitement in their hearts.  In the mornings, Ruth and Benji would sit together, sipping coffee as Ruth read aloud from her Bible.  Then they went over guest lists, invitations, seating charts, color schemes, cake, floral arrangements, and music.  Despite the long to-do lists, they managed to find moments of peace and joy in the planning process, knowing that each detail brought them closer to the day when they would finally become husband and wife.

{Three Weeks before the wedding}

     One crisp November morning, Ruth and Nic's girlfriend decided to take a whole day of shopping so they could find the perfect wedding dress.  The two women had become inseparable since Ruth moved to Germany, and their friendship only deepened as the days passed.  Benji, Nic, Nils, and Tibo saw the girls shopping day as the perfect opportunity to do some shopping of their own.  The two groups parted ways at the center of town with excited goodbyes, Ruth and Nic's girlfriend found themselves going from one bridal shop to another, while the guys set off on their own adventure.  Ruth tried on dresses of all shapes and sizes, each one beautiful in its own way and more exquisite than the last, but none felt quite right.  Her friend offered encouragement and advice, helping Ruth navigate through the endless sea of lace, tulle, and satin.  It wasn't until late in the afternoon, when they entered a small, intimate boutique on the outskirts of the city, surrounded by racks of stunning gowns, Ruth's face lit up with excitement.  She looked at all the beautiful dresses, smiling as her fingers brushed over the delicate fabrics and intricate lacework.  They spent hours carefully examining the dresses searching for the perfect ones for both the wedding ceremony and the reception.  "This one," Nic's girlfriend said, pulling a gown from the rack.  It was an elegant, timeless piece with a flowing skirt and a beautifully detailed bodice, the perfect reflection of Ruth's personality and style.  "I think this is the one, Ruth."  Ruth took the dress and stepped into the fitting room.  The moment she slipped it on, she knew it was to be her wedding dress.  When she emerged from the dressing room, she saw herself in the mirror and her breath caught in her throat.  Nic's girlfriend gasped, her eyes welling up with tears.  Ruth looked radiant, from the way the dress fit her perfectly to the way the skirt pooled around her feet, it accentuated her natural grace and beauty.  "Oh, Ruth," Nic's girlfriend whispered, her voice thick with emotion. "You look absolutely stunning."  "I think this is the one," Ruth said softly, a smile spreading across her face.  It was everything she had ever dreamed of and more. Tears filled her eyes as she imagined walking down the aisle toward Benji, knowing that this was the dress she would wear on the happiest day of her life.  "I'll take it," she said, her voice full of certainty and joy.  With her wedding dress selected, Ruth turned her attention to the reception dress.  She wanted something that allowed her to move more freely, something that was elegant yet fun.  They eventually found a beautiful, knee-length dress covered in lace and a flowing skirt.  "I love it," Ruth said, twirling in front of the mirror.  "It's perfect for the reception."  With the dresses chosen, the excitement only grew as the day of the wedding drew nearer.  Meanwhile, the guys were having their own fun suit shopping.  They spent the day going from tailor to tailor, trying on different suits and discussing the best fabrics, colors, and cuts.  Benji was particular about wanting something that felt timeless but also had a touch of modern flair.