chaos

WARNING: PARTS OF THIS CHAPTER CONTAIN SAD TOPICS!!!

WARNING: THIS IS A LONG CHAPTER!!! THIS IS THE LONGEST CHAPTER I HAVE EVER WRITTEN AND IS AROUND 4000 WORDS!!! ENJOY!!!

The gavel pounded loudly, echoing throughout the courtroom.

"John Booker Routledge, pursuant to the North Carolina statute section 14, you are charged with murder in the first degree with aggravated circumstances." Judge Johnson spoke loudly through her microphone, both sides of the court watched. John B stood up front, his orange prisoner outfit and hand cuffs making him look strange.
I clutched JJ's hand tightly as we watched from a few rows back. My eyes were puffy and my mouth was slightly parted as I listened.

"If convicted, the maximum sentence, would be the death penalty." The judge spoke clearly. I gasped as people around the room erupt into mutters. The gavel pounded for silence, but it didn't come.

In shudder, a tear fell down my cheek. JJ looked around in disgust and Kie bowed her head. Sarah shook, trying not to break down.

"Your honor, he's 17!" JJ shout as he stood up. One half of the room muttered their approval and agreement, while our side muttered in disgust.

"Stop." Pope whispered as more people stood to leave.

"Quiet!" The judge yelled at JJ as people begin walking out.

"No! He's 17, are you kidding me?!" JJ yelled at her as I stood up, trying to pull his pointing arm down.

"Alright, we're good." Pope whispered.

I caught John B's eye as he looked back at us, another tear falling. Me and John b had formed a really close friendship over the many months of me living in the Chateau with him and JJ so I felt like I had no idea what to do with myself in that situation.

"Hey, John B, John B we're gonna figure it out!" JJ yelled as Sarah started to run towards him.

"John B! John B!" She cried as the officer started pulling him away in the opposite direction.

"Sarah!" I called, trying to grab her.

"NO! John B!" She screamed, her tears falling fast as she turned around and hugged me tightly once he was out of sight.

"Let's go guys, let's get out of here." Kie muttered disgustedly as we walked to the door.

"Is this a joke?... like, are we in hell, or...?" Kie asked as we walked down the front steps. We didn't miss the murmurs of the kooks, talking about how he had it coming and justice will be served.

"I should have never come home." Sarah said, her eyes puffy.

"They're gonna kill him guys, I know it," JJ said in a stressed tone.

"Don't say that." I muttered.

"Sorry for what you and your family have gone through." We heard someone mutter to Ward.

"Thank God the system works." He nodded as we turn to them.

"Can you please shut up?" I screamed. Many of the kooks stop walking, turning to watch.

"Of course you - think the system worked because it was made to protect you and people like you." Kie spat angrily.

"He'll have his day in court. A jury will decide." The man nodded.

"He shouldn't even be in court!" I spat.

"You should! 'Cause you're a murderer!" Kie screamed at Ward.
"You have a lot of nerve showing up to court!" Kie screamed.