Work Again

Back at work on Monday I saw the three detectives approaching my office, Alex was right when he said it was random.  As they approached my office, I tried to get ready for them; I cleared my desk and fixed the chairs in my office.  The main detective on the case walked in front while the other two walked next to each other; their figure in the form of a triangle.  The main detective stretched out his hand to greet me.

"Good morning I am detective Morse, and this is detective Davie and detective Brown. And what is your name?"

"My name is Emily."

"Good to meet you Emily, and what is your last name so, I have it for the record," Detective Morse said.

"It's Bosch, Emily Bosch."

"Thank you, I'm just going to ask you a couple of questions, ok?  No need to be alarmed."

"That's fine Detective Morse."

"Where were you on the night of the break-in?"

"I was with a friend of mine."

"Were you with your friend all night?"

"No I was not."

"Where were you when you were not with your friend," he said adjusting his jacket into a better position. While the other detectives observing and taking notes.

"I got a call from John, and I went to his home, that's how I knew about the break-in."

"About what time did you get to his home?"

"Around midnight."

"And how would you describe your relationship with John?"

"He's my colleague, we are working on a project together." Detective Morse looked at his partners and quickly turn back his gaze towards me.

"Did you suspect anything out of the ordinary with John?"

"Don't think I had detective."

"Thank you Emily, that's all the questions I Have for you today."   He left me with his card should any new situation occur.