When I get home, you're so dead

I was finally there. After months of waiting and saving up I had got my ticket and I had arrived. My best friend pulled in to the only available parking space closest to the large venue hall - which still

wasn't very close.

"You excited?" She asked. I rolled my eyes rather than giving my glaringly obvious answer. She tapped my arm playfully before getting out of the car. She walked around it to meet me.

"Ready?" She asked, slipping her arm through mine. I nodded silently, my excitement making me feel ill. We walked together in a haphazard march almost falling over each other more times than I cared to count. When we reached the entrance we were both boiling.

"That's California for you" Lola laughed, noticing my exhaustion. A large poster above the even bigger doors reminded us of why we had made the journey in the first place.

"One night only Mayday Parade live!"

I could've screamed with excitement but I managed to contain myself. A large friendly man with a southern drawl took our tickets and guided ustowards the hall. We found our seats immediately due to the many previous nights I had spent practically memorising the seating plans. We were almost on the front row.

The hall filled up fast and before I knew it the support band was filing onto the stage. They introduced themselves and sung a few songs.I clapped and cheered but we both knew this wasn't why I bought my ticket. They finished their set and left.

I gripped Lola's arm tighter as Derek appeared bounding across the stage. Many screams could be heard from the audience and I cheered along but Iwas still waiting for one person. The rest of the band emerged and he followed at the back. Then I couldn't contain myself and started screaming and cheering even louder than before. Jake smiled into the audience and if I hadn't been for my friend holding me up I swear I could have collapsed.

They opened with three cheers for five years and I sung along loudly and probably quite out of tune. After a few more numbers the band started talking to us.

"Hey guys how y'all doing, you good?" Derek shouted. A wave of cheers came as his answer.

"We're gonna do something a bit different tonight guys, you okay with that?" Again the cheers of approval met Derek's question.

"Tonight, you guys get to decide!" Jeremy shouted.

"What song guys?" Derek asked. The audiences response was a mixture of every song.

"I like that one" Jake piped up, pointing to a particularly loud member of the audience.

"Ooooooh" Derek laughed at Jake. They obviously knew something we

didn't.

He moved his mic away slightly but we were close enough to hear what he shouted to Jake.

"Bitter much?" He shouted towards the back of the stage.

"Bitch deserves it" Jake shouted back.

After that they launched into the opening chords of 'when I get home you're so dead'.