California's best

It turns out later was later that afternoon. I woke up at about noon having only got back to the hotel at about 5am. I'd just ordered my breakfast/lunch when my mobile rang. 

"Hey" a groggy but cheerful voice on the other end began. 

"Jake" I replied trying to hide my excitement. I had spent most of the morning coming to terms with the fact that he probably wouldn't call. 

"Sleep well?" He asked. 

"As if" I groaned "this hotel bed's a nightmare" he laughed again. I loved his laugh, like everything else about him, it was beautiful. 

"I know what you mean" he sympathised. "We had to spend 3 months in hotels last year, it was awful" 

I loved just being able to talk to him, he was like my best friend already. It was comfortable and easy and the conversation just flowed. I noticed that whenever we had finished talking Jake would fire another question or comment to keep it going. It was flattering that he actually wanted to keep talking. 

"Well, I'll let you get back to the guys" I said when my breakfast arrived at my door. 

"Yeah" he said, slightly sad. 

"I'm sure you're busy" I smiled.

"Actually, things are pretty quiet" he said and I could hear that he was bored. 

"What are you doing later?" 

I collapsed into my bed. I tried to refrain from screaming with excitement. When 

I had composed myself I brought the phone back to my ear. 

"Nothing at all" I said trying to keep my voice even. "Infact, I was looking for someone I show me around the city?"

"Great, I just so happen to be California's best tour guide" he agreed, sounding excited. "I'll pick you up at 5" 

"Sounds good" I replied "bye"

"Bye" he laughed and hung up.